Chapter Two: Rumors

"BRING HIM DOWN HERE!"

"HURRY UP"

"TO THE BASEMENT!"

I was scared awake by the sounds of men yelling. Their echoes making it hard to tell where they were. One thing was for sure, they were taking someone to the basement. I have to get out of this building. I stuck to the shadows as much as I could. When I was sure they were downstairs I slipped out the front door and ran towards the woods.

After it was clear no one had seen me, I made my way to town, I needed some new clothes, and food. I kept my head down, paid in cash, and avoided talking to people.

A big group of people passed me on the sidewalk and I could hear they were talking about the McCall pack. I followed them and listened.

"I heard McCall has been hunting for Monroe." One man said.

"If anyone can find her, it's him." A woman replied.

"I hear that Derek Hale was injured and had to separate from the pack to heal fully." The first man stated.

Then they said something that really caught my attention. A small man spoke up, very serious.

"I hear they caught one of the packs followers. They say that they will be bringing him here, you know what that means right?" he asked.

"Davis and Dominic" the group whispered.

UGH! I screamed in my head. I won't be able to stay in this town long.

I couldn't help but wonder who they had caught. McCall has many followers but who would be important enough for them to whisper about? Most of the ones they whisper about are in the pack.

It doesn't normally end well for Monroe's followers if they happen to catch any of them. I remember the time they caught Liam Dunbar, the rumors of that fight flooded through every city and town. If the rumors were to be believed then Stiles found him but Liam had fought his way through most of them by himself. Stiles rescued him and they escaped.

Liam is one who everyone believes has the potential to be a true alpha someday.

I fell back from the group of gossipers and made my way back towards the end of town.

The closer I got to the warehouse the more I felt uneasy. Something wasn't right.

I stepped into the shadows of an alley and hid close against the wall. Waiting and watching.

About five minutes later there was a blood curdling scream.

"NO! PLEASE NO! PLEASE!" a woman was screaming.

I peeked around the corner to see three men pulling a man and woman out of their house. One of the men held the woman tight by the throat as the other two shoved the man to the ground.

They were laughing as they began kicking him.

"Still won't change for us Mac?" they asked the man on the ground.

One of them walked back over to the woman and caressed her cheek. She spit in his face and he slapped her. That did it, that got the reaction they were hoping for.

With a loud snarl Mac shifted into full blown werewolf and attacked the men. I could see his blue eyes glowing from here. He clawed and bit his way through the two men who had been kicking him and as he got closer to the man who had what I assumed was his wife, he stood up tall, and shifted back.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way Charlie." Mac said.

Charlie let go of the woman and she fell to the ground. He put his hands up and backed away.

"If I ever see you again, I'll kill you myself." Mac threatened.

Charlie said nothing, he nodded and ran to his car then drove away.

"Are you okay Laura?" Mac asked as he knelt down by her side.

"We can't stay here anymore."

"I know love, let's get our things and move on." He said sadly.

They then made their way back inside their house. Glancing up and down the street, I made sure it was safe then headed towards the warehouse. It was getting dark it should be empty again.

It took about twenty more minutes to make it back. I listened carefully then headed inside. I took my things back up to the room I had hidden in the night before but remembered they had brought someone in this morning. So, I snuck down to the basement and the smell alone made me want to throw up. There was no one down here, so whoever came in with them, left with them in one way or another. There was new blood on the floor and it smelled like burnt hair and skin. It was the electric fences.

I ran back upstairs and hid in the room I was in the night before.

I will never understand how people can kill for the sake of killing. I can't help but wonder who he was. I know it wasn't the one they said was rumored to be brought here, McCall's ally, because Davis and Dominic haven't been seen.

I curled up in my spot on the floor and found that uneasy feeling in my gut again. Everything that normally tells me to run, to save myself, was telling me I need to stay. Something was pulling me here but I don't know what.

I will stay a few days longer; my gut has never been wrong before. I was taught when it's fight or flight that I should run, so why do I feel like I need to be here.

"McCall, where ever you all are, I hope you're safe" I whispered. 

It's times like now where I hated being alone. The night is scary, it's lonely, and I miss having someone to talk to.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

I don't know how long I was asleep before my eyes shot open. I could hear voices outside.

"They'll be here tomorrow, is everything set up for our guest?"

"Of course." a man laughed awkwardly.

"Good, we'll get this one to talk. Then we'll hand him over to Monroe."

"Let's head over to the hotel and get some sleep. We have a big day ahead of us." He said with a laugh.

I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. I know I should leave, run now, but I couldn't bring myself to move. Something about this guy that they captured made me want to stay. But surely if he was close enough with the pack that they find him important then someone from the pack would show up to save him, right? 

I couldn't hear anymore sounds, so I closed my eyes and tried my best to get some sleep.