Chapter Twenty-Two: Tonight, is Ours

~ Theo's POV ~

On our way home Bec just laid her head against the window watching as the world sped by. I kept her hand in mine, I didn't know what to say or do to make her happy.

It's been one hit after another since she brought me home.

She had to of sensed my emotions because she turned to look at me.

"One of these day's we'll make it 24 hours without getting shot." She teased.

I laughed softly but couldn't help but frown.

"Tell me what you're thinking, please."

I sighed and stared out the windshield.

"I was just thinking that since you brought me home you've had one hit after another. That I don't know what to say or do this time to make you happy."

She looked at me for a second then unbuckled her seatbelt. She moved my arm and crawled into my lap as I drove.

As she laid her head on my shoulder she smiled.

"There, now I'm happy."

I shook my head and smiled.

"Theo, all I will ever need to be happy is you. You make life better not worse."

"Marry me, Bec."

The words were out of my mouth before my brain caught up to what I was saying.

Her eyes went wide.

"What?" she whispered.

I thought about it for a moment.

"Marry me, Bec. We both know more than most that life is too unpredictable. Marry me and let us belong to each other in every good way possible."

She didn't say a word she was looking at me like she didn't believe me.

I pulled over to the side of the road and looked at her.

"I'm yours forever, no matter if you marry me or not. But I promise you that I meant what I said. I want us to start having our happiest moments too. I love you with all I am and can't imagine life without you. So, what do you say Bec, will you marry me?"

A big smile spread across her face and she leaned up and kissed me.

"Nothing in this world would make me happier than to be yours in every beautiful way possible. Yes, Theo, I'll marry you."

I wrapped my arms around her tight, feeling happier than I had ever felt in my entire life.

Truly the luckiest man alive.

"Hand me the phone Bec, I have an idea."

"Hey Stiles, how would you like to make two people extremely happy?"

Stiles: "No Theo, I will not make love to you."

"How did I not see that response ahead of time."

Stiles: "😉"

"Can you be serious for one minute?"

Stiles: "Yes lol what's up?"

"You know how people can get ordained online?"

Stiles: "I like where this is going."

"Think you can get ordained overnight?"

Stiles: "Oh I'm on it man"

"Thank you"

Stiles: "Congrats you two."