Chapter Four: Slow and Steady

We've been here at the cabin for almost a week now, while his heart beat is getting stronger, he still hasn't come to. I've started reading to him, I'm not sure he can hear me, but I want him to know he isn't alone.

I had just finished reading to him and went to make dinner when I heard him groan from the other room. I dropped the glass I was holding on the floor and ran to him. When I got into the room, he was trying to push himself up into a sitting position. When he saw me, he froze in place not saying a word. I slowly walked over and helped him sit up. Sitting on the bed next to him.

"Where am I?" he asked.

"You're safe and well hidden. This was my family's cabin." I explained.

He nodded and groaned again as he moved.

"How did I get here? What happened to the idiots who had me?"

"You were chained to an electric fence in a warehouse basement. They were going to hand you over to Davis and Dominic. I... I couldn't leave you there." I said softly, not meeting his gaze.

"My truck, please tell me they didn't ruin my truck." He sighed.

"That was your truck?"

I stood up and pulled the curtains back, you could see the truck from the bedroom window.

"That truck?" I asked.

"Yes, but how?"

"Well, you're right, they are idiots. They left the keys in the ignition and I stole it to get you out of there."

He sighed in relief.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"In a lot of pain but not as bad as it was."

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

He shook his head then looked at me all serious.

"I know you." He stated.

"You said that to me in the truck the day I brought you here, but no one knows me."

"I do, from Beacon Hills."

I said nothing and just looked at him.

"You're the girl who stayed invisible." He said with a smile.

"And you're the boy who needed to be seen." I whispered.

"Becca, right?"

"Yes, and you're Theo." I replied.

I was so confused. Nobody ever sees me, no one ever cared enough too. They stayed in their own worlds and I stayed in mine. How is it the one person I wanted to see me actually saw me?

"How do you know who I am?" I questioned.

"Because like you, I pay attention, and you were alone like I was alone."

I turned my gaze back out the window.

"I wanted to talk to you back then."

"Why didn't you?"

"I was taught to stay invisible. By the time I could bring myself to do it, you disappeared. Then when you returned the Ghost Riders were wreaking havoc on everyone. Then I left once I graduated."

"Do you know why I disappeared?"

I shook my head no.

"I just know McCall's pack had something to do with it."

"They sent me to my own personal hell, I'd still be there if it wasn't for Liam." He admitted.

"Remind me to thank him someday." I said smiling to myself.