Chapter Forty-Two: A Family of Misfits

~ Theo's POV ~

We spent the rest of the day hanging out and talking. As much as I didn't want to admit it, we really did seem like one big family. Bunch of misfits thrown together but it just made us more of a unique family.

I never thought I'd see the day where Stiles and I would be sitting side by side talking about the loves of our lives but here we are.

"You excited to get back to Lydia?" I asked.

"Oh definitely, I hate being away from her. It's like being pulled in one direction and you're stuck, unable to let that pull take you home." Stiles admitted.

I looked over at Bec who was currently being chased around by Liam. She looked so happy.

"I completely understand that feeling."

Stiles followed my gaze and he smiled.

"That girl really changed your world, didn't she?"

"That girl is my world. Before her I didn't know what it was like to love or to be loved."

"It really is amazing how one person can change your perspective on everything."

We watched for a moment as Liam lunged at her, she did a twirl with a step to the side, and Liam faceplanted it.

He wasn't getting up though.

"Liam? Liam are you okay?" She said panicking.

"Wait... what?" Stiles and I said together.

Everyone turned to look at her.

Liam pushed himself up to look at her. With blood pouring from his obviously broken nose, he said what we were all thinking.

"You... you spoke!"

"I spoke..." She responded in shock.

She turned towards me.

"Theo! Theo, I spoke!"

Then without missing a beat she took off running as fast as she could. I stood up and she dove into my arms. I swung her around and could hear that laugh I missed so much.

"I love you! I love you! I love you!" She repeated.

"I love you too!"

When I set her back on the ground, she turned around looking for Derek.

"It worked! Derek, it worked!" She yelled full of excitement.

He walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug.

"Thankfully." He said quietly.

"What worked?" Stiles questioned.

Bec turned to face us.

"Don't be mad please." She begged.

"Why would I be mad?" I asked concerned.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head against my chest.

"When Derek and I went for a walk, I asked him to do something for me."

"What did you do?" I asked Derek.

"She wanted to trigger her healing so she could heal faster."

"How did you trigger it?" Scott questioned.

"I broke her arm." Derek said with confidence.

"YOU DID WHAT?" Liam and I yelled together.

I felt her grip around my waist lessen as her hand found my chest, right over my heart.