Chapter Fourteen: Safe with You

~ Theo's POV ~

With her body weak from going through the river and drowning. I picked her up and carried her back to the others. Peter stayed with us, making sure we were okay. She was so cold, her skin felt like ice, her lips a pale blue, and she was shivering so bad.

I needed to get her back to the truck so I could help her out of these wet clothes.

I just needed to take her home.

She fell asleep in my arms as her body shook against mine. Peter and I were cold and soaked through with water, so neither of us could keep her warm.

We made it back in to town and found them waiting for us by Derek's car.

"What happened?" Stiles asked.

"Is she okay?" Liam questioned with fear in his voice.

He already cared for her.

"She'll be okay." Peter answered.

"Thank you, Peter." I said with a sighed.

He looked at me and nodded.

Liam walked with me over to my truck and opened the door for me. I set her down on one of the seats and got out one of our bags of clothes.

Liam looked away as I started changing her clothes.

I grabbed her one of my shirts, because that always makes her happy, and my pajama pants. They were easier to put on her and much warmer. I grabbed a blanket from the back and Liam helped me wrap it around her.

I then kissed her head before putting my beanie on her.

I quickly changed my shirt and pants, then I closed the door and walked back to the others as she slept in the truck.

"I need to take her home." I stated.

"There is nothing else we can do here right now. Take her home and we'll update you later. Just get her home." Derek said with authority.

I nodded and ran back to the truck. I turned it on and turned up the heat.

I pulled her close to me as I backed out and turned around.

"We'll be home soon." I said softly.

I could see them all watching us as we drove away.

She slept the whole ride home, I carried her inside, and laid her on the bed.

I laid next to her, staring at her beautiful face. Her lips were finally back to normal. Her shivers were few and far between.

She moved closer to me, her head on my stomach, her arm across my waist.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I let you down again."

"You've never let me down." She said quietly.

Before I could argue with this she slowly moved and laid her head on my shoulder, making me look her in the eyes.

"You'll always be my hero, Theo Raeken."

How is it she only sees good in me? Does she refuse to see the bad?

As always, she seems to know what I'm thinking.

"You fear I'll see you the way they do." She stated.

I nodded sadly.

"Your past is just that, it's your past. We all make mistakes and your actions didn't just come from a place that craved power. It came from a place that didn't want to be alone anymore. You're not that boy anymore. You're a good man and I love you."