Chapter Forty-One: Our Own Pack

~ Becca's POV ~

Derek and I made our way back over to the others. As we crossed the bridge, I could see Theo and Liam look our way. Both of them with big smiles on their faces. I smiled in return and we headed over to them.

Scott and Liam were sitting on some chairs on the porch as Theo leaned against the railing to the steps.

I looked around to see Stiles was still on the phone but I was a bit worried when I saw that Peter was still missing.

I looked up to Derek and opened my mouth to speak.

"Try to not talk for a while, let the healing try and work."

I looked in his eyes and gave him those sad puppy eyes the boys do to me.

"What's wrong?" He questioned as he looked around at everyone.

I gestured towards each person.

"Peter?"

I nodded.

"He was gone when I woke up this morning, we'll ask Scott if he knows anything when we get over there. I'm sure everything is okay."

As we reached the house, Theo reached his hand out to me. I took his hand and he pulled me against him, wrapping his arm around me.

"Did you get what you needed?"

I nodded and smiled.

He seemed confused that I didn't answer.

"Her throat was hurting so I told her to rest it for now." Derek answered for me.

Theo looked at Derek with questioning eyes but chose to not push it further.

"Okay, I will see you soon, I love you." Stiles said as he got off the phone.

He smiled at us all and walked over to join us.

As he walked past me, he lightly touched my shoulder and winked at me.

This was purely to tease Theo and it worked. As much as he tried to play it off as a cough everyone heard the growl that escaped him.

"Where'd Peter disappear to?" Liam asked.

Scott let out a sigh.

"Peter left early this morning; he went back home." Scott answered.

I couldn't help but feel a bit sad. I thought he'd at least say goodbye.

I looked down and leaned my head against Theo.

"You'd think he would have waited and said goodbye to Becca." Liam blurted out.

I slowly looked up and my eyes met Liam's. He could tell I was thinking the same thing.

Scott shrugged.

"He said he wasn't needed here anymore and that he didn't feel like babysitting."

"Will you all be leaving soon?" Theo questioned.

"I'll be leaving tonight; I've been away from Lydia to long as it is." Stiles answered.

"I was hoping to spend more time with you both before heading home, if that is alright with you two of course." Liam stated.

"Liam you're always welcome at our home. It's your home too, don't forget that. You better visit as much as possible or else she'll kick both our butts." Theo laughed.

I smiled a smug smile and stuck my tongue out at them both.

"Derek and I will be heading out in the morning. We want to make sure everything is secure here and safer for people to return." Scott stated.

Derek's eyes met mine, both of us saddened by the thought of him departing. It's like being torn apart from your family. It hurt. I can't deny that I'll be happy to have Theo to myself again, but knowing that I'll barely ever see Derek and Liam again hurt.

"What will you two do once we leave?" Stiles questioned.

Theo kissed the top of my head before answering.

"I think for a while we'll focus on healing and live a quieter life at the cabin, then if Bec wants, we may travel."

I looked up at this beautiful man and smiled.

Scott cleared his throat making everyone look back towards him. This was it, whatever he was going to tell us, it was going to happen now.

I took a deep breath and listened.

"I think it's time we have a discussion about some things." Scott said.

"Yes, you said you needed to talk to us. What's going on?" Theo asked.

~ Theo's POV ~

I tightened my grip around Bec as Scott began to talk. It was never a good thing when they needed to have a discussion with me. I was prepared for the worst, but what could I have possibly done wrong this time?

Bec could feel my fear and pain, she pulled on my sleeve to make me look down at her and she kissed me. She gave me that soft sweet smile, letting me know we'll be okay.

"Over the last few days, we've all been talking about you and Becca..."

Scott was cut off by a small squeal of excitement from Liam. Everyone looked at him confused.

"Sorry." He said as he looked down to the ground focusing hard.

Scott shook his head and continued.

"Theo, you have proven time and time again that you have changed. You've shown us all that you've redeemed yourself." Scott stated.

"Theo, you're a good guy." Stiles added.

"You both have fought by our sides even after almost losing each other multiple times. You didn't run, you stayed to fight. You've shown that you can be a team player, that you will do what is right. You'll fight to protect your own."

"Throughout our time here, you have both become family. Not just to me, but to all of us." Derek added.

I didn't understand where this was going. Why the sudden pep talk?

"What we're trying to say is, we'd like you to be part of the pack, both of you." Scott admitted.

I looked down at Bec and she looked up into my eyes. She knew how much this meant to me; her sweet smile was telling me that she'd follow my lead.

Looking in her eyes I began to remember what she told me. I could hear it echoing through my mind.

"You're my everything, you Theo, you're my Alpha."

This made me smile and I kissed her forehead.

Then it clicked, I didn't need a pack anymore. I already had one and no other pack would do. I was a part of the best pack there is.

I looked back up to Scott and took a deep breath.

"Thank you for the offer, but we've got our own pack, her and I."

Scott looked at me and smiled. A sense of pride radiating from him.

"But we're here if you need us." I added.

"We're a call away, always." Scott remarked.

Then he reached out and shook my hand.

"I'm proud of the person you've become." Scott confessed.

"It's all thanks to her."

"No, it's all because of the effort you both put in."

"Thank you." I said softly.