Chapter 49

Dakota Part 1

I'm awoken by the rays of sunshine that creep into the room. I sit up to find Jamie sleeping soundly. I get up to make my way to the kitchen. I spot all these beers on the countertop.
Did Jamie drink all these ?

"Good Morning" I turn to see a shirtless Jamie with sweatpants hanging low.

"Good Morning. How are you up ? You drank all these and don't have a hangover" I point to all the empty bottles

"I didn't- yeah I did" he smiles

"Why so much?"

"Haven't had a beer in a while and I don't know I just ... I'm stressed that all" he says

I walk over to him and take his hand to lead him to the couch. I sit him down and i straddle him.
"What's up? What's the stress about?"

"I-I don't feel like I'm doing a good job taking care of you"

"Hey" I put my hands on his face "you're doing an excellent job. Where is this coming from?"

"Dakota-"

"No don't shut me out. I'm always Dakota when you don't want to discuss something with me... in other words when you're hiding something"

"No you're not"

"Then tell me" I kiss his nose

"I ...... just can't sleep or think straight knowing Matt's loose."

I look at him but don't say anything. Truth is I don't know what to say. I think the same thing. I'm scared constantly.

"Let's go apartment hunting?"

"What?" He's quizzical

"Yeah. I'm selling my condo. I can't live there anymore"

"I see. And where do you want to live?"

"Not sure? West Hollywood or Calabasas...... I want privacy and a secure area."

"I want that for you too....... Do you expect me to .. move in with ... You?"

I can feel my self turn pink and laugh shyly "uhmm I don't know ? Mmm maybe? It's totally your choice. I mean-"

"I'd love to" he kisses me

"What?" Im shocked

"I'm not leaving you alone while Matt is still out there and I would t mind a change of scenery. Besides I have Amelia the house in London"

"Okay well it's settled. Let's go eat breakfast and find a new place. for us"

----------
We settle eating over at West Hollywood in a small vacant place.

"Are you Jamie Dornan?"

We both turn and see a young girl looking up at Jamie.
"Umm yeah?"

"Can I take a picture with you?"

"Sure"

They take a picture and she leaves quickly

"I told you to wear shades an a beanie that way we won't get interrupted"

"It didn't seem like a shades and beanie day today and I didn't think people will recognize me"

"You're every women's fantasy Mr.Grey"

"Well Thank God I only have you" he kisses my cheek

"Ms.Johnson you're here"

"Yes"

"Right this way we have your table in the back"

We settle down and I order for me and Jamie while he goes to the bathroom.

"I just got asked to sign a toilet sheet from one of the cleaning ladies"

"Ewwww"

"It was unused" he rolls his eyes

I smile "well exit through the back"

-----------

"Wow what about this one?" I walk inside the empty apartment

"It's nice"

"You said that about the last 5 apartments"

"They're all nice"

I roll my eyes "give us a minute" I say to the woman who's showing us around and she does.

I walk over to him and put my arms around his waist.
"What's wrong?" I ask

He places his hands over my shoulders
"Nothing babe"

"Do you not want to live together"

"No of course I do"

"Then?"

"I'm just tired of looking can we go home and begin again tomorrow?"

"Okay sure"

--------

"Jamie...Jamie....JAMIE?" Michelle yells from across the table
"Dude pass the salt"

"What? Sorry" he slides the salt across the table.

"He's been like the for the past week"
I roll my eyes and stab at my chicken

"No I haven't"

"What's eating at you" says Michelle

"Nothing just-"

"Something is definitely up" she Rey's

"No it-"

"You're very distracted-"

"IM NOT!" He stands up from the table and storms out.

"What did I say?" Michelle looks at me

"Nothing ... Excuse me" I walk out of the restaurant and see Jamie staring out at the traffic

"You're going to tell me there's nothing wrong this time?" I say as I pull my jacket closer to myself with the wind blowing out.

He turns and does the same thing with his "it's nothing I've just been out of my element."

"I've noticed.....Jamie you don't have to move in with me. If I rushed you"

"No baby" he grabs my waist and pulls me closer "I'd love to move in with you, in fact if you didn't ask me I would have asked you"

"Then? What's wrong huh?" I look at him "tell me" I run my fingers on his cheek to his lips

"It's nothing babe I just need to adjust here you know. To adjust to us. To adjust to Fifty Shades .To adjust to everything."

"Okay" I say softly "I believe you. I'm here you're not alone. You're there for me I'm there for you. We're in this together"

He kisses me and we head inside to the restaurant to continue our meal.