35. Bumpy run

Standing at the doorstep with Namjoon I peeped inside the massive hall where all the famous people were enjoying the lavish party.

I took a deep breath and tugged on my skirt. While Namjoon was casually carrying the bouquet of flowers to gift Mr. Choi.

Namjoon nudged me. "Are you nervous?" I shook my head side to side but he caught me gulping the lump of saliva. He chuckled and said," Relax, you are with me. It's just party."

"I don't know but I am having these unnecessary nervousness as if the shit is about to go down."

He giggled and said," You are still letting negativity to take control over you. Calm down, everything is fine. Though you need to act professional but I like the confidence you spread in your savage tongue. You are so like Jie-"

My eyes softened as I saw him pressing his lips together, afraid to take unnie's name. I patted his shoulder and said," Let's rock the business." He nodded and stepped inside along with me. Our eyes roamed through the crowd to find Mr. Choi whereas everyone's eyes were on me.

"Isn't she the one in place of Seokjin?" I heard a lady speaking to another, who replied," Yeah, she is the reason his company would drown in dirt." They snickered at my back which made me uncomfortable.

"Don't mind them." Namjoon whispered under his breath while looking at me. " They don't even have a mind."

I chuckled, easing the tense that was erupting. I smiled, walking with him who had my back. Suddenly I was his lios curving up and then found his gaze on a particular person.

That person reciprocated his smile and came closer to us. We gave a slight bow to each other then Namjoon congratulated him.

"You deserve more, Mr. Choi."

I snapped my gaze away as soon as I saw him looking at me. His first words were," Is she your girlfriend?" Namjoon chuckled and said," No! She is my friend's sister and as you have heard, she's the CEO of Kim drugs & medic."

"Interesting; young and talented as expected from Seokjin's sister. Unlike my son don't wanna do business." He whined before taking a sip from his glass of whisky.

"I am not that useless though." Our eyes turned to our right and there I saw a slender figure walking upto us with a devilish grin. He seemed an year older or two, but definitely like a model came out of a magazine.

He stood beside me extending his hand. "Hi, I'm Choi Yeonjun." I took his hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you, I am Kim Soyoung." I pulled my hand back but he continued staring at me. Namjoon also gave him a handshake while I stood there trying to avoid him.

I didn't knew why but his presence was making me uncomfortable, his gaze never left me. He was checking me out and even after I caught him he continued to do the same misbehavior.

Namjoon found me shifting towards him so he whispered," Is everything alright?" I nodded because I didn't wanted to pressurise him about me while he was trying to convince Mr. Choi.

Everyone was aware of Mr. Choi limitless love for his family members, especially towards his son who was the only heir in his three parallel generations. Yeonjun really had a good fortune which made him have everything he wanted since the very beginning, so no one ever dared to go against him or they had faced the cruelty of Choi's.