8. Strawberries and cigarettes

JUNGKOOK POV

I was struggling, limping with my legs then unexpectedly Soyoung held me, helping me to walk out from the taxi. It was early morning, unlike other cities it was huge and active throughout the day and night. Neon lights, tattoo shops, and illegal marketing was going on in front of our eyes, like the kids here weren't even surprised to hold a gun.

We both spent few hours on the chairs placed outside a restaurant until it gets open. When it finally did, our first instinct was to use the restrooms. We got freshen up there then came back outside to place our order. We had a simple breakfast of sandwiches and juice, just enough to fill our stomach so that we don't repeat the last mistake we did. I didn't wanted to quarrel with her like last time and neither did she.

She was too adorable like a little kid, stupid too while eating that sandwich. Involuntarily, she was pouting while chewing, not realising some cheese got stuck at the corner of her lips.

I chuckled on how could she be so clueless of herself being a big mess. After hearing me giggle she hawked her eyes to me, giving a death glare to stop on whatever I was laughing at.

I pointed at towards her lips and told her something was stuck there. Her eyes widened, lifting her hand to wipe it but it still remained at its place.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing, she was too funny. Watching me she got irritated but before she could throw the nearest object on me, I took a napkin. Leaning towards her I yanked her hand off, wiping her lips gently.

Her lips were soft, naturally pink. My heartbeat increased that I could feel it thumping against the chest but the feeling was mutual. When I diverted my gaze to her, I was a tint spreading on her face. Her lips parted, eyes staring into mine. For a moment I lost myself in her beautiful orbs but when the waiter fake coughed I backed up on the chair.

Both of us were fluttering that she immediately paid the bill and we went out of that heated place. Coming out we could feel the breeze blowing. We stretched cracking some bones and started walking to our next destination, the city hospital.

As we planned I had to get the wounds treated here. It was cheaper than any other private one. Being the city of crimes, doctors also did not bothered if they were treating a citizen or a criminal because for them everyone who comes is a patient who needs help.

I did the treatment which took a duration of twelve damn hours including some rest. When I got admitted to a room, Soyoung came with a pack of strawberries in her hand and sat on a stool beside me.

"I am keeping these here. Eat them and become healthy. I paid your hospital bills so no one would bother you."

She stood up and walked towards the door but I felt something was wrong so I called her name and she turned around.

"Where are you going?"

"I... You see there's no reason for us to stick together. You could heal here then go back to Seoul with the money I left beside your bed."

"I asked where you are going?!"

" My way. I had to meet someone."

" I am not leaving you. I am coming with you." I pulled the needles out and stumbled on my feet.

Before I would fall she rushed to hold me in her arms, placing me back on the bed.

"Look at yourself! You can't even walk yet so eager to accompany me. First get healed then think of going somewhere."

"No! I will come with you. It's not a request but my decision."

She looked confused for a bit of time whether to let me come or not but my eyes were determined to stand on the words I spoke so she finally agreed.