-63-

Not edited. SURPRISE! Bet you thought you'd have to wait hehehehe

"You're having my wife followed" Lucas spoke with a low accusing voice "I don't like it."

"I have no idea what you're talking about" Ellie tried to look calm but her hands were shaking as she reached to pick up the coffee mug in front of her.

Maxon slammed the other mug he was drinking from back on the table and Ellie jumped.

"Damon... you know... I don't think she's taking this seriously."

Damon shook his head with mock sadness.

"It's sad brother, real sad" he turned to look at Ellie who seemed to have shrunk in her seat "because if she was taking this seriously then she'd know not to mess with our family."

Maxon nodded.

"Exactly brother. We don't take too kindly to anyone who threatens our family... hey are you going to finish that?" he pointed to the half eaten muffin in front of Damon.

"Fûck off! You don't touch what's mine."

The undertones of what Damon was saying weren't lost on Ellie as her once pink skin looked pale and grey.

"Ah, but big brother, how would you know?" Lucas joined in as he watched Ellie squirm.

"I'd know... and I wouldn't forgive. After all... I really like my muffin and I'd protect it at all cost."

"A lot of effort for a muffin isn't it?"

"It's a damn fine muffin..." Maxon answered for Damon "worth protecting."

Ellie went to stand and Lucas' hand held her wrist causing her to sink back down on the chair.

"So what you're saying is that if someone was to even look at your muffin then..."

"They'd regret it" Damon said with a nod of determination.

The men stopped talking and waited for the words to sink in.

"Ok I get it.." Ellie started.

"You know Ellie" Lucas replied "I don't think you do. I think that because my father fúcked you that you now believe that you're untouchable when in fact that's nowhere near the truth. You aren't family. Never have been. Never will be. Tara on the other hand is my wife and if you don't want my brothers here dealing with the fact that you're the bîtch who whóred herself with our mothers' husband then you'll listen and you'll listen good."

Ellie tried desperately to pull her hand away from Lucas' tightening grip but only succeeded in him gripping harder.

Lucas bent towards her and the seething rage he felt showed on his face as the hatred he felt for Ellie pierced her with almost black eyes.

"Keep the fúck away fron my family. Call off your dogs and if you or they come near my wife again then I'll take great pleasure in making sure you find your way to the city's incinerators."

Ellie was shaking. It was true in some regards, she did believe she was more protected because of her past with Marcus and in any other circumstances she'd laugh off what was being threatened.

This however was Lucas. Lucas' reputation was well known. She knew she'd have to be careful.

"I'll call them off."

Lucas' grip didn't slacken.

"You'll leave the city."

"But..." she started to protest when three dark looks all but punched her back in the chair.

"My men will be following you. From now until the moment when I decide not to you'll be shadowed. You won't be able to wipe your fúcking nose without it being noted down! You want to play with the big boys? Well welcome to centre ring sweetheart. You're the fúcking star attraction. Now get out of my sight before..."

"Naww twirp that's not nice" Maxon jested before his voice became deep and thick "You didn't let us play with the new toy."

Ellie gasped and jerked her hand away from Lucas who was glad to let her go.  Just seconds later and she was scurrying away from the table.

"Well that was fun" Damon laughed.

"Do you think she'll stay away twirp?"

"Nope. She's just gone to rethink her strategy. We bought ourselves some more time though."

"Well that's cool if nothing else."

Lucas grinned.

"Oh she's scared. One look at her and it was obvious by the look in her eyes that she was píssing her pants."

"Eeww twirp" Maxon grimaced "not a good image while I'm eating... but seriously brother... are you gonna eat that?" he pointed once again to the muffin in front of Damon.

"Nah. You can have it. I can't stand muffins. Fücking horrible things."

The brothers all looked at one another and burst out laughing. Their laughs a welcome relief from the way they were feeling.

"So anyway... what are we going to do now?"

Lucas exhaled.

"I need to see Tara."

"Let's do it" Maxon nodded as they all stood.

A quick call to Simeon and they were making their way to the other side of the building.

"Hey Dam... that nickname you call Tara... where did that come from?"

"Taz? Well see I reckon by everything Lucas here's told us that she's grown up a lot in the last two years and it's only a matter of time before she goes all Tasmanian Devil on us."

Lucas stopped and looked at Damon with his mouth dropped open.

"What?" Damon asked him casually "Man if sh's anything like Anna then it won't be long before you're whipped into shape."

"He's already whipped" Maxon added in with a grin.

"Yeh but when that girl finds her temper all I can say is I hope I'm in another state!"

*******