Chapter 48: Old Enemies

You had just got back home with groceries after a day of work, there weren't a lot of injuries today but sitting in a little office all day next to the Medical Bay was something you still weren't completely used to. Thor had taken Pharaoh for a fly and MJ was out with Peter and the others, she asked if you wanted to come but you told her you had other plans, and they were cooking dinner and watching a new dinosaur documentary. At least you were pretty sure you hadn't seen it before but seeing as there were still quite a few things you still hadn't remembered and it seemed to be going a lot slower without Loki. You let out a sigh as you set your bag down on the counter, as thinking about Loki, you really missed him and you would forgive him if he just showed up and apologized. You were weak when it came to him, so very weak, with part of you just wanting to go back to Asgard to get him but MJ kept saying he had to come to you because he was the one who fucked up. It felt like a piece of you was missing without him and I mean, you were already feeling lost with your missing memories, it was just worse without him here.  

You tried to put those thoughts out of your head as you made yourself some dinner, feeling really empty as you sat down on the sofa, dinner in hand as you put on the dino show. It wasn't too long until you got a call from MJ, she was calling to ask about dessert as she was at a bakery with the others, "Snickerdoodles, if they have Snickerdoodles I'll take some of those". You then heard a knock at the door, "sorry MJ, one sec, someone is knocking on my door, just stay on the line, I'll be right back", you say before walking over with your phone in hand, to see who it was interrupting your lovely evening. "Hello Sir, can I help you?" you ask, being polite like usual, unaware that you met this man before, but he informed you of such and you apologized, "I'm sorry, I was injured a few months ago and I'm suffering from memory loss, you're going to have to tell me how we know each other". The man smiled, his red sunglasses feeling very familiar but it wasn't until he introduced himself did you remember who he was and fucked you were at that moment. His four long mechanical arms shot out and broke through his jacket and although, you slammed the door, he quickly broke through it, coming after you as you raced towards the balcony. "Doc Ock's at my house", you yell into the phone but before MJ could respond, the line went dead and you realized, the good doctor did not come alone.  

Next thing you knew you were waking up bound to an almost vertical set table, inside a clear cell and you began to panic, not remembering how you got there, with you vocalizing your confusion. "You don't remember..." you heard a familiar voice begin to speak and you looked towards the sound but you couldn't see them but a shiver went up your spine as they continued talking. "Like I said before, the tranquilizer I used was enough to knock out a herd of Elephants, no doubt you'd burn through it, but not fast enough, little girl," Morbius said, as he came into view, smirking at you through the clear cell wall. "How did you..." you began but Morbius finished your question for you, "survive? oh, Miss Andersen, it's nothing for you to worry about" but despite what he said, you were still confused and asked how survived. At seeing his face you could remember what happened clearly, what you did to him and you had no idea how could he have survive and the only clue he gave you was that he might have had a little help. You continued to ask and he got annoyed until he realized what you were doing, you were trying to stall, trying to buy time to either escape or have the others find you, almost impressed.  

"They won't find us, not before I'm done turning you into my newest masterpiece" Morbius said as he drew closer, entering the cell with multiple syringes. "No, no, no" you cried, as you tried to use your powers, only finding that you couldn't feel them and you really began to panic, getting louder as you struggled in vain to break free. "Please don't, please don't" you repeated but it was too late, whatever it was in that first needle, it was inside your bloodstream and the side effects were apparent right away. Everything became suddenly blurry and soon, very painful, you could feel it all over and you tried not to scream from the pain but you did, not noticing Dr.Morbius was hooking something else up to you. There was a huge jolt of pain coursing through your body, making everything go numb and you couldn't move, you were trapped in a still body and for a moment you wondered if you were dead. You watched as the Living Vampire approached with another syringe, telling you that he was almost done, this was the last piece, the final step to super-charge your mutation. "You will become what you were meant to be, a new lifeform who will bring this world into a new age, my masterpiece, my queen", he whispered as tears began to stream down your face.