131 (Recap)

Hi lovelies! I'm not sure that anyone's even reading this because It's been a hot minute since I updated. My life has been hectic to say the least lately, but I don't want to leave this book unfinished, so I'm going to continue it until the end, whenever that may be. I think it's pretty necessary for a little recap chapter because a lot happened, then I just disappeared..so here we go.

Previously, in Our Time Will Come

▪️With Charlie acting distant, Emery fears that he has lost feelings for her. Little does she know, he is yet to tell her that he's leaving for college in six months time.

▪️Spring break arrives, and Molly and Logan invite Charlie to visit them. With their baby being due soon, they wish to spend time with Charlie before he arrives, but he turns their offer down.

▪️Emery suggests that the two of them go to Washington together for spring vacation, that they stay with her grandparents. Charlie agrees that it would be good for them to spend time away together, so that, they do.

▪️Charlie and Emery visit Molly and Logan, but their visit is cut short when Molly goes into labor. While Molly and Logan head to the hospital, Charlie and Emery head back to Ken's house, and wait for the news of the arrival.

▪️With Ken and Karen at dinner with friends, Abby throws a spring break party in the pool house. Much to Emery's annoyance, Charlie joins her.

▪️Meanwhile, Emery reveals to Addelyn that she think she might be pregnant, so she picks up a pregnancy test on the way over. When the test is negative, Emery feels a sense of emptiness.

▪️Charlie receives a text from Molly, stating that she has given birth to a healthy baby boy, and heads to tell Emery the news. He overhears about the pregnancy scare, and expresses his relief, and accidentally spills the beans about his scholarship.

▪️Emery Is taken back by the bombshell, that in less than six months time, Charlie will be moving away. She isn't happy, when she finds out how long Charlie has known about this, and the fact that her parents knew too. When they argue, Charlie heads back to the pool house and continues to drink with Abby and her college friends.

▪️Feeling the need to scold her parents for keeping this from her, Emery heads to the patio to call them, but unbeknown to her, it goes to answerphone. When she hears loud music coming from the pool house, she feels the urge to give Charlie a piece of her mind, but she finds him slumped in a corner, with a girl wrapped around him.

▪️Unaware that her parents are on the line, Emery makes her feelings known to Charlie and gets into a fight with said girl. Tessa and Hardin grow concerned, and jump on the next flight to Washington.

▪️In the meantime, Ken and Karen receive a noise complaint from a neighbour whilst they're at dinner with friends. Ken checks the cameras from his phone, and learns that Abby has thrown a party. He discovers that Charlie is in trouble, and is quick to come to the rescue.