102

Here are some Songs for the chapter my loves
Christmas lights - Coldplay
The power of love - Gabrielle Aplin
'The Christmas Song' - Nat King Cole
That's Christmas to me - Pentatonix

Emery

"Bye Brother dearest, bye betrothed couple" Abby sarcastically chimes whilst swaggering out of the door. I swear she wakes up everyday with the intention of walking into a room, fucking shit up.... and then leaving. I mentally flip her off as she leaves. I'm thankful that my mom is out of the loop due to putting the twins to bed, if she knew, she'd be planning the wedding as we speak.

"You better tell me what the hell she was talking about, Emery!" My father huffs underneath his breath. "I.. I don't know what she was talking about" I stutter like crazy. Oh shit, I can practically see the steam emerging from his ears. That weird vein in his head that he has when mad, is as prominent as ever. "Oh my god, It's true" he flips when he notices the rock on my finger. "You better not be pregnant. I swear to god if you're pregnant!!" he tugs at his hair in distress.

"Dad, for goodness sake. I am not pregnant!" I wave a hand in the air to get my point across. How many times is he going to accuse me of this? He rolls his eyes in response. "If you're not pregnant, then why the fuck did lover boy ask you to marry him? You're a baby!!" His voice cracks. I glance around the room to ensure that no one else can hear. I will wait to announce the news when my dad has calmed down. "I am not a baby! and Because! Some people get married because they genuinely love each other. You didn't marry mom just because you have kids with her.. did you?!" I say through gritted teeth. "Of course not!" He stresses, but shuts his mouth when my mom and Auden venture down the stairs hand in hand, wearing matching Christmas jammies.

"Hardin, Emery, Charlie.. go get yours on! I left them in the bedroom" My mom squeals, excitement is clear as day in her voice. "This is not over" my father whispers under his breath, before walking off and stomping up the stairs. "Do we really have to wear these?" I moan to my mother. "Yes! It's cute If I was expecting anybody to complain about this, it would be your father. Not you, now god get changed!" My mom demands. Charlie sprints up the stairs in front of me, completely unaware of the fact that my father is in the know. I saunter up behind them, silently freaking out.

The three of us return minutes later looking as corny as ever in matching, family pyjamas. The bottoms are tartan and the top is grey, with long, tartan sleeves to match. The top reads 'Christmas With The Scott's'. My mother has planned this down to a T. "Maybe you should have gotten those two 'Christmas With the Travers' instead" my dad chimes. I glare at him, hoping that he'll quit being an ass. "That's real funny, Mr Scott" Charlie chimes before bursting into a fit of laughter. This is not going to go down well. I'm thankful that my dad's pathetic swipe goes over my mom and Charlie's head. My mom's too busy lighting the fire and finding the perfect Christmas movie, and Charlie.. well he's just too dumb to understand.

"Would you guys hurry and come take a seat?! The sooner this movie is over, the sooner I can go to bed and the sooner that Santa will be here!" My little brother chimes. It melts my heart that Auden is still as innocent as ever and that he still.. believes. With that, We all gather around the fire and tuck into the snacks that my mom has lay out for us, she may have gone a little overboard. I coo as 'The Polar Express' begins to play. I have adored this movie from being a little girl. I suddenly feel all giddy and childlike again.

I watch as my mom snuggles into my father and for once, it's not gross. My mom is smiling uncontrollably at the cute movie, but my Dad is deep in thought. His eyes are watering and I know that it's not from 'The Polar Express' .. he has a heart of stone when it comes to things like that. My father is truly upset and my heart sinks at the thought. Why can't he just.. be happy for me?