127

Emery

"You should have seen Charlie's face when Molly said that the baby's going to be a soccer player!" I tell my Nana, as she places a plate of blueberry muffins onto the counter before us. When is this woman not baking something?

"Like I said, no brother of mine will play soccer, it's football, or nothing" my fiancé adds, crossing his arms for extra effect. You can sure tell that he's had a couple of beers by the sound of his voice. "Oh Charles, never change" Karen giggles at his stubborn antics. "You look beautiful, Nana. But why so fancy?" I question her ever so formal dress. It's a little glamorous for pottering around the house In. "Why thank you, sweetie. Your grandpa and I are leaving for dinner with the Browns now. So If you guys need anything, just give us a call" she adds, I give an understanding smile in response. "Have fun!" I add.

I roll my eyes as I tuck into one of her infamous muffins, but grow concerned when an intense wave of nausea hits me after just one bite. Karen's blueberry muffins are my favourite of anything that she bakes. Usually I could demolish the full batch. "Are you okay?" Charlie asks when I push the muffin away from my reach. "I'm good, I'm just full from the Chinese food" I lie, though it's a good excuse. "More for me then" he shrugs, whilst claiming my muffin and wolfing it down

That's it, I make a mental note to myself. I skipped a period, I'm getting nauseous from the strangest of things. I need to do what I have been dreading doing for weeks now. I need to take a pregnancy test. If I don't, I know I will drive myself crazy with the possibilities.

I grow anxious, thinking about what could come of this, but I'm thankful for the fact that Addy is on her way over. I know that my girl will have my back no matter what. I retrieve my phone from my pocket and send the riskiest text I have probably ever sent, asking Addy to pick up a pregnancy test on her way over. I smirk to myself, imagining her reaction to such a text.

This is the first time I will have seen my best friend since we spent Christmas together at the cabins, and of course, baby Ava was born. Today we reunite and I'm about to drop a bombshell on her. Nothing is ever drama free anymore.

"Who's that?" My boy peers over my shoulder and in a panic, I lock my phone. "Just my mom" I lie, forcing smile. I know that I should speak to Charlie before anyone else, but I'm genuinely scared of the way he might react. Like I said before, things have been off between the two of us for weeks now, this could be the thing to break us. I just need some advice .. and then I'll tell him. I mean, If the test is negative.. then there's no need to tell him at all.

"So.. Did you hear anything yet?" I chime in anticipation, but mostly just to distract him. "Not yet" he sighs whilst glancing down at his phone. We could get the text any minute now to enlighten us on the birth of baby Maddox. Don't get me wrong, Its refreshing to see Charlie looking forward to something so pure. But.. I can't help but feel saddened by the words of encouragement that he gave to Molly before.

At the time, I thought it was so sweet, she needed reassurance and he gave it to her. "I know that you were made to be a mother" his words reel in my head. Your time has come to be the mom that you always wished you could be" is on loop. The thing is, If I am pregnant.. I know for sure that he isn't going to react in such a way. He will think that his whole life is over and would only see the negatives, which there are many of.

To start with, we're only sixteen years old and still in freaking high school. Charlie and I have a big year coming up with college applications, our senior year and what not. Not to mention that my father would literally murder Charlie. There are so many cons, but I can't help but want this. I know what people will say. "You're only young. Your time will come" .. but will it?