7

Tessa

"Miss Beaumont, I assure you that everything is going as smoothly as it possibly can, you have everything planned to a T. Flowers, the cake, the decor, dress.. do I go on?" This woman's unnecessary stress levels are even stressing me out. I move the phone from my ear and place it on the bed next to me, as the customer babbles in a high pitched fuss for what feels like twenty minutes. She sounds like something out of a cartoon, or Monica Geller. "Miss, the wedding is literally six months away. Everything is going to be beautiful. Now I'm sorry, but I have to go as I have another customer on the line. stop worrying!" I hang up, releasing the biggest sigh.

"That bad, huh?" Hardin enters our bedroom with my cup of coffee. "Yes, that woman drives me insane." I tug at my hair. "What did I tell you about stressing?" He warns. "I can't help it, I'm just so busy. I have four weddings this month and -" Hardin covers my mouth, replacing his fingers with a kiss.

It's a blissful spring day. The kids are at school and Hardin and I are working from home. Well I am.. Hardin is doing anything but work. He climbs into bed where I'm lay on top of the covers with my laptop. "I really need to pee but-" I look down at my tummy and our dog Louie is fast asleep, resting his head there. Louie hasn't left my side since we found out I'm pregnant, and that makes me feel so safe, but as adorable as it is, it's getting a little annoying. "He's protecting his mommy." Hardin smiles, stroking our cavalier. It's true, this dog has gone through the loss of multiple babies with us, he's seen our sadness and attempted to mend our broken hearts each time.

I eventually cave and get up to use the bathroom. "Come here Louie, come on." I hear Hardin letting the dog out, that puppy voice he does cracks me up every time. He doesn't even speak to young children like that, but the dog is anther story.

I return to the bathroom and Hardin is lay on the bed, posing like some kind of Pornstar. I'm amused by the look on his face as he attempts to seduce me. "You think you're slick." I crash onto the bed, reopening my laptop. "Oh for heavens sake Tessa, take a break will you?" he scolds me, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaving a soft trail of kisses down my spine. "Just did." I remark. "Tessa that's a piss, not a break." he teases.

"Come on baby, you know you want me." he whispers, I'm suddenly covered in goosebumps. "You know you crave my touch." his fingers circle the elastic of my cycling shorts. This man is going to be the death of me. Suddenly, the burden of work is forgotten and I am lost in the moment. My whole body tingles at the feel of his frame leaning on mine. His arms wrap around me as he pulls me in, claiming my mouth again. He's hungry and intense and by the time I'm aware of my fingers, they are already under his shirt, his skin smooth and radiating heat. I toss the shirt over his head and across the room.

My heart pounds faster and my knees become weaker. He invades all of my senses as he pulls down my shorts, leaving a trail of kisses from my breasts to my pelvis. I bite down on my bottom lip as he caresses between my legs. "Hardin." I stifle a moan, I am now panting as his tongue laps my sensitivity. I grip the sheets and my legs automatically open wider. "Why did you stop?" I fuss.

"My phones ringing, it's Auden's school." he pulls the device from his Jean pocket. "I'm sorry baby I have to get this." he scrunches his nose. I suppose he does.

"Hardin Scott speaking." he puts on his best dad voice. The expression on his face drops and he appears to be in disbelief. "Our Auden, fighting? ...No.you must have gotten the wrong kid." he tugs at his hair which is never a good sign. "What?" I sit up quickly, eager to know what's happening, but he stays focused on the call. "Okay, we'll be there as soon as we can." he hangs up the phone whilst burying his head in his hands. "It's Auden, he got into a fight." he mutters. He can't have.