75

Emery

"I'm your son! That's who! You said you knew a Charlie! I'm that Charlie!" My boyfriend roars. Shit...Shit. "Charlie, come on" I gesture for him to move away from the scene. "You're .. you're what?" Logan scoffs. The bitch that I now know as Molly seems to have lost her voice. "You heard me" Charlie huffs. Logan turns to my father with a Face like thunder. "Dude, if this is some kind of sick, impractical joke.. then fuck off" he buries his head in his hands. My father gives him the glare of death in return. "I have nothing to do with this" my dad raises his hands in defence.

There's an awkward silence when Abby brings a tray of drinks to the table. "Oh, have I come at a bad time?" She whispers, making the awkwardness more prominent. "Yes" everybody says in synchronisation and she is quick to scurry away.

"I really am your son" Charlie swallows the frog in his throat. I can see the sadness that has dawned upon his facial features. "When is your birthday?" Molly opens her mouth for the first time in minutes. "August twenty sixth, I turn sixteen next week" Charlie snaps back and Molly's bottom lip begins to quiver. "Fuck" she whispers under her breath.

"No....this can't be. Im sorry, but I'm not having it" Molly hisses. "Hardin, if this is your idea of revenge for what happened all those years ago, then you're an even sicker bastard than I thought. Yes I had my son put up for adoption, but he was adopted by a wealthy family of doctors, they moved to New York!" She yells and goosebumps cover my whole body. My father attempts to speak but I glare at him, giving secret orders for him to keep his mouth shut.

"He has nothing to do with this. I am your son. I was adopted by Geoffrey and Lara Travers. But now they're dead and I'm an orphan at fifteen years old. So good going with the whole 'wealthy doctors' route, Mom" Charlie sarcastically chimes and my heart begins to race at the tension. "They.. they're dead? How?" Molly's eyes begin to water and I'm in shock that such a horrible person is capable of such emotions. "Car crash. One minute they're enjoying an all inclusive vacation in the Bahamas, you know, without me. The next, they're gone" Charlie shrugs, almost as though what he is talking about means nothing to him, though I know that's not the case. 

"You're sick" Molly scoffs at my father, yet again and I can tell that he's about to snap. "I have fuck all to do with this, apart from the fact that I have taken this boy into my house and agreed to take full guardianship of him! More than you've ever fucking done!" He roars. I can tell that he instantly knows that he shouldn't have said that by the expression on his face. I can see the fire in Molly's eyes as she stands from her seat and pierces my fathers cheek with a swift slap. She runs out of the building, as fast as her feet will take her in her knee high boots. "Fuck" my father rubs his face. That had to have hurt.

"What?!" My dad scoffs at the strange man that is Zed as he glares at him. He turns away to avoid further confrontation. Logan hasn't said much, at all and I can tell that he is in disbelief. "We're going. Like we should have done twenty minutes ago!" My dad gestures for Charlie and I to follow him. "Oh no you don't. Sit down" Logan orders. "Logan I-" "I said sit the fuck down, Scott" he huffs. My father gives him a "who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" look before doing as he says. "Zed, fuck off" Logan demands. Zed shrugs, but follows his order when he gives him a deep glare. He makes his way to the bar and takes a seat there.

"Kids, go sit over there" my dad orders us, Charlie initially refuses but does as he says after a heated argument. Charlie and I head on over to a small table, close to the bar, in sight of Abby. I am eager to know what the hell is being discussed, though I know that it's for the best to keep Charlie away. He is a volcano waiting to erupt.