70

Emery

"Dude, did you see Emery Scott pull up in her car this morning? She has a freaking Range Rover!" Alyssa Shaw, cheer captain and the most popular girl in school squeals. I never thought I'd hear my name come out of her mouth. "Yeah, she's low key hot" Jensen Webb bites his bottom lip. He's a douche but gosh, he's Devine. "Ugh, no she is not!" Alyssa huffs. Bitch. "She is, too!" The hunky jock argues back and forth with the blonde bombshell. Damn, don't they know that I'm right here? "You're just jealous" the jock adds. "Jealous? What is there to be jealous of! Her father fucked her mom for a-"

Thud, goes my heart. I am awaken from my slumber by the piercing sound of banging at my bedroom door. Since when were my dreams that shallow? That bitch Alyssa Shaw is lucky that my dream ended there, otherwise I would have dream kicked her ass! I take a glance at the clock on the wall and grow even more confused. What on Earth does my grandpa want at five thirty in the morning?

"Emery Scott! Open this door right now!" The sound of my fathers voice sends a cold shiver down my spine as he continues to beat the door. What the hell is he doing here in Washington?! "Okay, okay!" I scoff while opening the large, wooden door. I rub my eyes to gain consciousness. "What the hell are you doing here?" I scoff. And most importantly, why is he holding my boyfriend by the collar? "Charlie? What's going on!" I yell. I don't know what on Earth this is about but it's scaring me.

"Hardin, go easy on them" my grandpa Ken reasons. What is there to go easy on us for? I'm so confused."Dad, do me a favour and piss off, I need to speak to my child" my dad scolds him. I never understood why he speaks to his father in such a way, especially in his own home. Grandpa Ken scurries down the hall and into his bedroom to avoid any unnecessary drama.

"You, get in" My dad let's go of Charlie's shirt and launches him into my bedroom. Addy is still fast asleep, oblivious to what is happening around her. "Sit down" my father demands. I glare at Charlie in the hopes that he'll enlighten me. "What do you have to say for yourself?" My dad scoffs. "I - I don't know. I'm sorry for drinking I guess. It won't happen again" Charlie shrugs, he is doing that awkward eye contact thing that he does when nervous. "What? You think that's what this is about!" My father yells. I shush him to remind him that Addy is fast asleep in this very room. "What else would this be about, Mr Scott?" Charlie mumbles. "Cut it out! I know that Emery is pregnant!" My dad says through gritted teeth and I begin to choke on my own breath.

"What?!" I yell loud enough to wake up the entire neighbourhood. "You heard me!" My father scoffs and I can't help but guest into a fit of giggles. "If I'm pregnant, then call me Mary! Because this is a miracle, for someone who's never had sex!" I shout so loud that my voice cracks and Addy wakes up. Her whole body jolts up at the sound of loud yelling. "Uncle Hardin? What are you doing here?" She rubs her eyes. "Didn't you hear? Your adorable little cousin is pregnant!" My father mumbles and her eyes widen dramatically.

"Dad, I am not pregnant, for goodness sake! But it's nice to know that if I was, you'd be supportive!" I scold him and the look on his face shifts, as he realises that it's really not me who's pregnant. "First I get accused of smuggling alcohol into the house and second, I get accused of being pregnant! Doesn't grandpa Ken do a bit of detective work before accusing people?!" I stomp my foot. It's true though, why am I always assumed to be the bad one? Is it because my father is Hardin? I take a glance at Charlie after realising he has stayed pretty quiet, throughout this and he is just glaring out the window, staring into the distance. I mean, I don't blame him for wanting no part in this. He was fast asleep one minute and the next, he was being dragged down the hall by his shirt, by an angry British man.

"Well if you aren't pregnant, then who is!" My dad tugs at his hair, it's something he has always done when In distress. I try my best to not make eye contact with Addy, I do not want her to drop her in this, but everybody is going to know sooner or later. "Tell me!" My father screeches and Addy springs up from the bed and sprints out of the room, clearly trying to hold back the tears. My fathers eyes drift from his niece, to me and his mouth drop wides open. "Shit" he covers his mouth with a hand.

"Shit, I'm sorry" My fathers voice is so small I can barely hear it. "I just got a phone call and I heard your name and the word pregnant and I just flipped!" He waves his arms frantically. "Well you're just as dumb as grandpa Ken then, aren't you!" I roll my eyes, before standing from the bed and leaving Charlie and my father in my bedroom. "Emery, Where are you going?" My dad huffs. "I'm going after Addy! She was already upset enough before all of this" I guilt trip him.

I scurry down the hall to find where Addelyn might have gotten to in our grandfathers huge house . I check the library first and I'm startled by the sound of sobbing. My heart breaks as I enter the room and find Addy, slumped on a bean bag with her head buried in her hands. "Honey, I'm sorry" I approach her and begin to rub her back. "I'm sorry that you were accused, again" she looks up at me and her frown turns into a smile as we both begin to laugh. There is something amusing about be constantly being accused. "Everything will be okay" I reassure her. "Maybe it will, but either way, your dad is going to kill Austin" she sighs. I say nothing, because I know that she's right.