| 2.38 |

I quietly sat and shone my flashlight down on the pages of the diary Lin had given me, searching for any event between Jungwon and I that I possibly wasn't remembering. But no matter how many times I flipped through the book, read it from front to back and back to front, no new event appeared.

A small sigh escaped me as I leaned my head back against the window the bed stood under. Craning my neck backwards I hoped to see any sign of Jungwon outside, even though it was already dark. I hadn't seen him since he left earlier yesterday, supposedly to get some fresh air. It had been over 24 hours now and I still don't know where he is.

Sunoo knew where he was, he had seen me wander around the house during the night, while on his night shift. Told me Jungwon was alright but just needed to process everything and think through things. At least he could've come to me if it was about me and the amnesia I supposedly had had.

I hadn't slept last night, I couldn't. I was afraid of getting a nightmare once again, and knowing the current situation I doubt Jungwon would've come running if I had called out for him... or even just screamed for anyone.

Tonight was no different, as long as I was alone in the room I didn't dare sleep. I didn't even care who was gonna be in the room with me, whether it was Taehyun, Niki or Jungwon honestly didn't matter. I just needed some sort of safety by having another person sleep in the room with me.

"What the hell am I missing?" I murmured as I looked back down at the diary.

I wasn't even sure what I was looking for, or if there were anything I couldn't remember. I didn't feel like there were holes in my memory like there were before. Trying to keep my frustration quiet in the middle of the night I hid my face in the book, sucking in a deep breath as a way to assure I didn't let out a frustrated yell.

The door to the bedroom quietly opened and I momentarily froze, waiting for the door to close again with no comment. But that didn't happen, making me slowly move the book away.

"Oh sorry, I still can't find the way around this house," a voice spoke and I lowered the book enough to see Kitae's face through the reflection of my flashlight, "ah... Jiyeon."

"Kitae... right?" I questioned and he cocked his head to the side.

"You... don't remember me?" he questioned me with a small snort in his voice.

"I had a case of amnesia not so long ago..." I shook my head, "some things haven't returned yet."

"Oh... I see," he hummed, "why aren't you sleeping?"

"I can't," I simply replied before looking back down at the book in my lap, "so uhm... trying to read myself into dreamland... I guess," I falsely excused before I heard the door close and my head immediately snapped up to look at Kitae, who still stood by the door, "can I help you?"

"I just want to make sure you get to sleep," he excused with a shrug, "a good night's sleep is important in these times."

"Oh you don't have to," I shook my head in denial, feeling slightly uncomfortable with his presence in the room. Screw what I said earlier, the only person I didn't want in the room to make me feel safe enough to sleep is Kitae. He was giving me off vibes.

"No it's fine, I already got some sleep before my shift ended," he excused and waved it off before walking over and sitting down on the edge of the bed, just looking at me, "besides I don't feel so tired yet, so I'll just stay until you fall asleep."

I quietly pursed my lips as I realized the only way I was gonna get rid of him was pretend to fall asleep. I quietly closed the book and placed the flashlight on the table, having it point upwards to provide enough light in the room as I got under my blanket properly and turned my back to Kitae.

"Would you mind turning off the flashlight?" I quietly questioned and it immediately went dark in the room.

I quickly closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing and slow it down to make it sound like I was sleeping. If it took him too long to get out of the room I would just start letting out snores.

Soon enough I felt a hand on my shoulder begin rubbing up and down my arm, slowly pushing my blanket more and more down from my shoulders.

"Don't touch me when I sleep," I murmured and moved away from Kitae.

"Oh right... I forgot to ask last time too," he hummed, "do you mind if I touch you?"

"Yeah I do, so please don't," I retorted and he quietly hummed.

"You know... last time I didn't listen either... I think I'll just do the same now," he decided making a frown grow on my face.

Before I got to turn around and ask him what he was talking about I froze by a hand feeling it's way down my body. I seemed to quickly realized what he was trying to do and quickly turned around to hit him away.

One hit to his arm and before I knew it he sat straddling me, pinning my hands above my head as I tried to fight back against him. However, my attempt of fighting back only resulted in my pain in my healing wounds than it resulted in me getting away from Kitae.

"Listen here you stubborn bitch, you're not gonna say a word and I'm gonna have my way with you, you hear me?" Kitae lowly hissed as I eagerly shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut tightly.

"Get off of me you perverted jerk," I complained and tried to wriggle may way back and forth to shake him off.

Instead of shaking him off I instead felt something sting right across my face, much to my shock.