| 30 |

I sat in silence on the steps in front of the medic house, meanwhile Jungwon sat quietly beside me, not even saying a word without me having said something first.

The only thing I actually could hear was Millie ordering people around to do things inside, but I couldn't even hear what she was telling them to do. I was only able to detect her voice and fast footsteps on the other side of the door.

"Oh my, you two gave me a scare," a voice behind us spoke making me look over at Jake, who closed the door behind himself as he slowly walked over and sat down on the other side of Jungwon.

"They're done with you?" Jungwon quietly questioned and Jake nodded, simply showing us his forearm, on which he had a long scar that surely had been a big bleeding gash before it had been sewn together.

"Jay and Sunghoon was injured the most," Jake hummed making me immediately suck in a sharp breath as I turned around and was about to get up on my feet.

"Sit down," Jungwon sighed and quickly grabbed my arm and puled me back down again, "they're fine."

"Jay surely are," Jake nodded making me just look at Jungwon before glancing down at his hand holding onto my arm, "and Sunghoon too... he's gonna be fine."

"What even happened?" Jungwon questioned as I slowly sat down on the step beside him once again.

"The alliance," Jake slowly replied before glancing over at us, "they knew we were coming... shot after us the moment we were too far away from the car to speed back to the base. I was lucky with only getting grazed by a bullet," Jake stated and tapped his forearm carefully before a small wince worked its way up on his face, "they got Jay in his calf and shoulder and uhm... Sunghoon..."

Jake let out a small sigh before just dropping his head into his hands and immediately rubbing his face as a shaky breath escaped him. Jungwon slowly glanced at me as I just sat and stared hard at Jake, impatiently waiting for him to tell us what happened to Sunghoon.

"Anyways... they're removing the bullet from Jay's shoulder right now," Jake waved it off before a hand placed itself over his mouth as he just stared straight ahead.

"And Sunghoon?" I spoke up.

"I don't think yo-" Jungwon spoke up as my eyes stayed fixed on Jake.

"I'm sorry Jiyeon," Jake sighed as he interrupted Jungwon, "I don't know how he's doing. I only know he was hit in the hip and the back of his shoulder. Jay said he was hit in his waist as well. I really don't know."

"I want to go see him," I muttered quietly as I looked down at the sand under my feet.

"You know you can't," Jungwon spoke and I just hummed as I began moving my foot in a rhythmic manner to dig a small hole.

"Yeah..." I quietly whispered as the door opened once again and Heeseung and Yeonjun rushed out, both giving Jake a puzzled look.

"Millie said you should rest," Heeseung looked at Jake in confusion.

"Jiyeon deserved to know," Jake excused as he stood up and sent me a sad smile.

"Let's get you back to bed," Yeonjun excused as both Heeseung and him eyed me and softly pushed Jake off towards the red house.

"I don't like this," I muttered, "they keep looking at me as if I'm some thing they're trying to avoid... Sunghoon is not okay."

"He is," Jungwon insisted and I immediately shook my head at him, "Jiyeon... he is gonna be fine."

"Do you mind leaving?" I questioned him making him frown at me, "I feel like being alone right now."

"I'll walk you back to the room and stay with you there, but I'm not gonna leave you before my shift," he shook his head at me as I just stared at him, "I'm not leaving you here alone to sit and only get even more panicked. I am not doing that."

"Jungwon, please," I whispered and he just shook his head, "Sunghoon is not okay."

"He is just as much my friend as he's your brother. I'm worried too," Jungwon insisted, "I am going to sit here for as long as you intend to be sitting here."

"You know... if you're worried," Jay's voice spoke up and I immediately stood up and wrapped my arms around him, "ouch," he let out a small laugh as I quickly move my arm away from his wounded shoulder, "don't apologize it's fine."

"I'm scared," I whispered making him hum and bury a hand in my hair as he held me closer with his uninjured arm, "I'm so scared."

"Don't be," Jay whispered, "he's stable... Sunghoon is gonna be fine. He just needs serious amounts of rest. Before I left I told him to fight through, I told him how worried you would be for him... seems like I underplayed it compared to what I am witnessing right now. He's unconsious, but Millie says he's stable. She says he'll be consious before dark falls, but he will have to stay in bed for at least a week before he begins to get up and walk around. He'll be fine and I'm fine."

"Don't leave again," I whispered making Jay just softly pat the back of my head.

"We're not going anywhere... but you're gonna go with Jungwon and you're going to rest a bit as well," Jay reminded and I quietly hummed, "will you take her back Jungwon?"

"Yeah," Jungwon muttered as he softly pulled me away from Jay, who was leaning on a clutch to stay upright, "see? Nothing to worry about."

"I will still worry," I reminded and Jungwon just nodded as he slowly began guiding me back towards the red house.

"I know... but you need proper rest," Jungwon pointed out and I simply hummed in return, "I'll stay with you until my shift starts."

"Thank you," I whispered making him just let out a small hum at me as he continued to lead the way for me.