| 2.53 |

Jungwon sat quiet, a gulp visibly going down his throat that the voice of his dad. His grip around my hand only tightened as Jake just sat and looked expectantly at Jungwon, quietly shaking his head as he did.

"Jungwon don't," Jake shook his head making Jungwon blink a few times before pressing his lips into a thin line.

Jungwon closed his eyes tightly as he brought the back of my hand up to his lips, not kissing my hand, but just holding it tightly as his brows furrowed and his eyes stayed closed.

"I need to," Jungwon murmured as his lips grazed the back of my hand.

"We can just shoot them, it's not a big deal Jungwon," Jake stated and Jungwon shook his head in denial.

"They're at least thrice as many as us, we won't ever be able to escape them," Jungwon quietly whispered, "if we just give them what they wnat more lives can be saved."

I quietly sat and looked at him as he slowly opened his eyes and looked up towards the sky, blinking a few times.

"Too many," he whispered quietly as he closed his eyes again, still having his face tilted towards the sky, "she's lost too many..." the quiet whisper made me able to quickly catch onto what he was planning to do.

"You're not going anywhere," I immediately spoke and he turned his head to look at me, he didn't say anything he just looked at me, "you're staying here with me, like you promised. You promised that. Remember? You promised."

"My biggest promise has been to keep you safe," he reminded as I just shook my head and held tighter onto his hand, "it is."

"No... you're supposed to stay with me," I sternly insisted as a soft smile spread on Jungwon's face while he simply shook his head.

He carefully cupped my face in his hands, managing to pull his hand from my grip as he just smiled at me. Softly he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine as tears began streaming down my face out of pure fear.

"I love you, alright? Remember that," he whispered against my lips as I grabbed onto his wrists with both my hands, "but for now I have to go. Remember I don't really leave properly," he reminded and reached down to tap over the left side of my chest, just under my collarbone, "I don't leave."

Jungwon smiled as he slid his hands into mine. Giving me one last smile he soon looked away and grabbed the gun in his hand. Within seconds Jake had wrapped his arms around my waist and held me down as Jungwon calmly stood up and walked off.

"Jake you have to let me go," I panicked as Jake only tightened his grip even more while I tried to crawl out of his grip, "Jake! I need to get to him!"

"I can't let you go," Jake sighed as he held onto me, "I promised to keep you safe. I promised Jiyeon."

"I need him... you know that," I quietly cried as I managed to rip Jake's hands off of me.

Within the flash of light I had stood up and looked at Jungwon's back, which only were moving further and further away from me.

"Jungwon!" I cried out making him freeze before slowly turning to look at me, "please!"

For a moment I swear hesitation flashed his face, as if he was pondering of whether or not he should go back to me or not. He smiled softly as he looked to be turning around to me, but before he got the chance a loud bang echoed and his smile immediately faltered.

I quietly watched as Jungwon fell backwards and Jake immediately began tugging on my arm, as if begging me to sit down again.

Somewhere I'm sure I heard myself scream out Jungwon's name, completely disregarding Jake's immense efforts on trying to get me back down to the ground. I couldn't feel my body and I had no control over it.

The only thing I knew was that the closer Jungwon was getting to the ground the closer I was getting to him. Once his shoulderblades hit the ground I fell down onto my knees and slid the rest of the way over the grass to his body.

A big red spot had already spread over Jungwon's chest as a small cough came from him. I didn't really mind anyone who was around or whether or not they were out to kill me.

I'm not sure but I think Jungwon could see me and when he did his eyes widened for a second before they glazed over and a small grunt escaped his mouth. It seemed that everything died down around me at that grunt.

It was almost like Jungwon had turned ice cold immediately and there was no movement in him at all, but there had to be. He couldn't just die, not just like that. That wasn't how it was supposed to be. He was supposed to live, he was supposed to stay by me.

"Jiyeon!" a female voice called out as I held tightly onto Jungwon's shirt, begging and whimpering for him to come back to me.

"Lin get back here!" a voice yelled out and I soon felt a grip on my shoulders, which I immediately tried to shake off.

For once I wasn't strong enough to fight against whoever was gripping onto me. Soon enough my hands were pulled off of Jungwon's shirt and I was pulled backwards, only being left with the sight of his lifeless body getting smaller and smaller the further towards the forrest I was pulled.

He promised to stay with me.

He promised.