| 2.51 |

After having gotten back to the house with Jungwon he had insisted that he go get some lunch for us, not really caring wether or not I had an appetite. As he said, I did need to eat something to survive.

So instead I had quietly begun to look around the house, somehow expecting Sunghoon to just turn around any corner and take me out into the gardens, even if it actually was Jake I was looking for. 

Eventually I did find Jake, sitting alone in a room, reading through a book which I couldn't read the title of. All I could see was that the cover was all red. The moment I had opened the door Jake had immediately looked over to me with bright eyes and a small smile had spread on his face when he had noticed it was me.

"What did you do to Jungwon?" Jake questioned as I quietly closed the door behind me.

"He's making lunch," I excused and Jake just nodded at me, "can I talk with you?" without saying a word Jake simply nodded and patted the space beside him, urging me to come over and sit beside him, which I slowly did.

"Everything alright?" he immediately questioned as I sat down beside him and just nodded, "So... what you wanna talk about?"

"What did you have to talk to Jungwon about?" I quietly questioned and looked over at Jake with care, slowly his smile faltered as he glanced down towards the red book in his hands.

"I just needed closure," Jake excused with a small shrug, "I needed to know what happened that night... and then Jungwon told me about how-" Jake paused as a frown grew on his face as if he was trying to recall what he had been told, "you had begged Sunghoon to stay alive, because you couldn't live without a brother... so, because I've spent the most time with both Jay and Sunghoon in this house, besides you, I'll try and become like a brother for you. You deserve that."

"You don't have t-" I started and Jake immediately cut me off.

"I think you need a brother," he shook his head, "it'll only be fair for me to take over that role... besides I think I'm kind of a better candidate than anyone else in this house. I don't care what you're gonna say about this, but you need someone to act as an elderly brother figure to you, and I'm gonna try and be stable enough to do that for you."

"Don't you ever get tired?" I questioned and he immediately looked over at me with raised eyebrows, as if he didn't fully understand what I meant," Jay, Millie, Sunghoon... don't you ever get tired?"

Jake frowned as he crossed his arms over his chest sucking in a deep breath as he seemed to think about my question before simply shaking his head.

"Not tired, I feel guilty," he corrected, "everytime someone was near dying it was never me, but I was always there... except for Sunghoon. I was always the one that got out alive. I think... I learned to not rely on the people that were my best friends, when Geonu and Jimin died I learned that the person I rely on and the ones I'm closest with shouldn't be the same. I was closest with Jay and Sunghoon, but I relied on Heeseung hyung. Sure I relied on Millie as well, and you know that really hit me hard, but I still see her and me in places. I can't do that with Jay and Sunghoon."

"You still see her?" I whispered and Jake quietly nodded at me before glancing over at me, a smile playing on his lips.

"You know... you and Jungwon," he started before nudging my arm with his elbow, a small smile spreading on my lips, "these days you two remind me of Millie and I. He really cares a lot and it shows."

"I know," I murmured with a small nod before looking back at Jake, "you really think we resemble you two?"

"Oh you no doubt do," Jake nodded, "we didn't exactly have the sexual tension you two had at the start, but we did try and get in the way of any harm that could hit the other, the same way you try and pull Jungwon away from all the dangerous things he would do, and all of those things he would do to protect you. Exactly like Millie and I did. He began to bring you small flowers, didn't he?"

"One or two times," I nodded at him, a small smile spreading on Jake's lips, "I think he gave up when he couldn't find the right flower," I admitted making a small laugh escape Jake.

"He shows it in other ways too," he nodded, "this morning when he made breakfast for you-"

"So he made that gooey mush," I commented and a small laugh escaped Jake once again before he nodded.

"He kept checking on you every two minutes if not more," Jake nodded, "he was so scared you'd wake up without him being there. You should've heard the threats he's been giving Kitae."

"Gauging his eyes out," I hummed and Jake nodded.

"Something tells me Sunghoon gauged out the one that's gone," Jake admitted and I snapped my head to look at him with a frown, "let's just say that he was not happy when he woke up and only had one eye... and a mutilated hand."

"How did he not wake up?" I whispered and Jake snickered.

"Unconsious," he admitted before looking over at me, "I think we all silently know that it was Sunghoon who did it to him, but none of us really care. He's been trying on both Millie and Soomin, nearly raped Lin. A lot of us don't feel bad for him, and the amount of times Jungwon has threatened to kill him. It won't surprise me if he'll do it one day."

"I don't like the thought of that," I admitted and Jake just hummed at me, "killing just because you're mad at him for something... I don't like that."

"He's gonna end up doing that," Jake warned and I quietly nodded as I grabbed onto my elbows, looking over towards the door, from which I could hear fast footsteps.

"The longer I can keep him from it the better," I nodded as the door in front of us burst open and Jungwon looked between the two of us.

"Thank fucking God I found you," he breathed out and I frowned over at him as he kept panting in an attempt to catch his breath.