| 2.42 |

A small sigh escaped my lips as I let the horse slow down and we moved our way through the trees, in an attempt to find the field Jungwon and I had found when we were out riding together.

Abruptly a sound reached my ears, one that surely didn't belong in the place I was riding. It wasn't bird singing or an animal cracking a twig nearby. Actually... it sounded like it came from my bag.

I pulled the horse to a halt before swinging my bag over to my hands and rumaging through it in a search to find the thing that was making weird sounds. As my fingers hit a hard object I could feel small vibrations against my fingers and I immediately pulled the thing up.

"What in the world..." I murmured when I couldn't recognize the object at first. Taking a longer look at it I realized it was a walkie talkie.

"Ji?" a whispery voice echoed out from the walkie and I went silent as I just stared down at it, "Ji? You there?"

"What the fuck have you planned?" I hissed as I pressed down the button on the side of the walkie, "you know, this is making it harder for me to just leave."

"You're not supposed to leave without me, remember?" Jungwon questioned and it almost felt like it had been years and eternities since I had heard his voice, even though it had barely been two hours, "I'll come during the night. Promise to wait for me."

"Jungwon you can't do this," I softly reminded him, "when we finish this conversation I'm pulling out the batteries on this walkie, okay? Time to move on."

"I can't," he shortly replied and I quietly pursed my lips, "and I know you can't too... Ji you can't just leave and I can't just move on. We both know that."

"Will you stop making this so hard?" I complained as I pressed my fingers into the corners of my eyes, "I'm trying to keep you safe."

"I'm trying to keep us both happy," he simply replied and I let out a shaky breath before bringing the sleeve of his sweater up to dry my eyes.

"Very endearing, now where are they?" a voice spoke up from behind me and I turned around so fast that I almost fell of the horse.

Seeing a gun pointed to me I immediately reacted by pulling out a gun and pointing it straight back at the man who had commented on my conversation with Jungwon.

"It's not that nice to point a gun towards your father-in-law," the man commented and I only reached up my thumb and removed the safety from the gun, ready to shoot if necessary.

"You're not even a father if you try your best to make your son as miserable as possible," I remarked and he sneered at me.

"He hasn't been my son in a long time," he remarked, "grab her, and bring her with you."

Before I could react I was pulled down from the horse, falling all the way down to the forrest ground, a scream escaping me as I felt something around my wounds shoot in pain. I feared most of all the scars had ripped open or something of that sort.

I didn't get to check on my wounds before I was pulled up on my feet and a cloth was held over my mouth and nose, darkness taking over my sight within seconds.