chapter [32]

[Rune]

I was caught in the middle of a loud discussion between 6 different group leaders. Among them was Hyeonsu and Raven's aunt who were both trying to persuade the others to give our plan a try. Although Hyeonsu was leading the mission he did not have total authority so persuading him hadn't been enough. We were already lucky that the mention of his brother had turned the tables... after that Neil had left without a word but soon Raven's aunt had arrived to be informed about what happened. To say she wasn't disappointed in Raven, Vince and me was a lie but yet she did not see a disadvantage in sending us first so we had her on our side.

"Miss Inoue, we value your opinion a lot and Inoue has proven its capability numerous times but these three have fooled you right under your care so how are we supposed to put our hope into three youngsters, one of them from Falcon group?" A man with eyes as blue as the sky and a light blond buzz cut remarked with worry. From his looks that were similar to Celeste's I guessed he had to be the leader of Hiver.

"Mr. Hiver, if you really value my opinion so much then you should know that we have thought about this very carefully. There is nothing to lose by sending Rune first and-"
She was interrupted by another man who cleared his voice loudly.

"By all means I don't think these three should attend this meeting." He remarked with a side glance to me and the two others. Raven was about to say something when Vince pulled him back and gave me a sign to follow them out of the small tent that we were inside of.

"Vince, they only want to make sure that we don't interfere." The angry older said but calmed himself down when Vince shook his head once again. He knew that we had no chance to begin with if we didn't listen to them.

"We'll have to wait but believe me, it won't take long... we have no time." He sighed and let himself sink on the ground next to Raven who had grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"You've been awfully quiet, princess." He whispered and hugged me from behind before pulling me down with him so we were next to Vince on the cold dirt. I didn't want him to let go so I crawled on his lap and wrapped my arms around him. To be honest, I had thought that this situation would not affect me much because I had started this already knowing that it was not easy... but after revealing my identity to everyone here I started hearing the whispers that I ignored before and I felt the heavy stares that I never had a problem with before. I knew it was stupid to think that way but...

"I feel like everyone hates me..." I silently mumbled and I hated how I wasn't able to speak normally.

"Bullshit, you know I love you and-... wow, I really said that out loud just now." Raven cleared his voice seeming like he was embarrassed about what he said and quickly pretended like nothing happened. Instead he kissed the top of my head that was still leaning onto his chest. It made me grin weakly for a second but what I meant was something different.

"I'll leave you two some privacy." I heard Vince saying silently before he seated himself somewhere a little closer to the tent where the leaders were still discussing. I didn't have any problem with him staying next to us though. He had become a good friend of mine after all.

"So.. what do you think saying everyone hates you? Usually, I thought you wouldn't care." Raven started talking again when continuing to let his hands brush through my hair.
Answering to this was something I had never done before... speaking what's on my mind when I was sad. Everything was just so complicated all of a sudden.

"You know... I've grown up being told that my group was masacred for a reason that wasn't justified so I... I always believed that I was the son of righteous parents and that the real bad people were the gifted society. I never cared about the reputation of my family. But now everyone here thinks I'm some sort of traitor, criminal... an outcast. At first I didn't care because I thought that they are wrong but are they really wrong? I am an outcast... I had been a traitor since I decieved you about my real identity when I joined Inoue and I am also a criminal that has taken lifes of people that were fighting for their freedom. How could I ever revive the status of my family when I already ruined my own... how would any other member of the Falcon group survivers think of Rune Falcon who wants to kill his own uncle? ... And what is Inoue group thinking... when they see their young heir together with me? It dawned on me when we came here that I burdened all of you with my own problems and now I am responsible for the trouble it has caused you. Am I selfish? I-"
Before I could say anything else I was interrupted by Raven turning my head up so we were facing each other eye to eye. His expression showed anger but the way he was holding my face was gentle and warm.