chapter [18]

{Raven}

"Shoot, bastard." I provoked him and saw his purple shining eyes fixed on the gun. Being unable to move there wasn't much I could do... I was scared but I didn't let it show. It was because I couldn't predict what Rune would do. At first I was sure he could never shoot but after seeing him kill these people I lost trust in that thought. After all, I didn't know anything about him because all that he showed could have been a facade. It hurt and I hated myself for letting that guy deep enough inside my heart that I could feel betrayed now.

"I said shoot!" I yelled at him again but to my surprise he suddnely dropped the gun to the floor and stumbled back with shaking legs.

"I can't do it..." he whispered justifying how weak he was. It made me even angrier than before. 
His head shot up at me again but suddenly he came at me again, his hands wrapped around my throat and pushing. The air stopped flowing into my lungs when I was caught in his murderous gaze.

"I have to! I have to kill you." He cried out and pushed harder. I moved my head from side to side trying to get some air to breath but he wouldn't let go. I was wrong... maybe he wasn't too weak... but how could I let myself die like this?!

I started seeing dark spots and a tingling feeling spread from my fingertips to my arms.

But just when I was about to lose consciousness he suddenly let go and placed his hands on both sides on the ground next to my face while heavily sobbing.

"Fuck! I can't do it!" He screamed when I started coughing hardly and getting oxygen back into my lungs. He pushed himself up again and stumbled back.

"Fucking bitch." I coughed out but he didn't even listen.

"I'm sorry mum and dad." I heard him whisper.

"But I can't do it."
And with these last words he was suddenly gone... he just vanished somewhere in this vast forest area. I felt one of his tears that had dropped on my cheek flowing down slowly.

Taking in a deep breath I tried regaining my calm. For gods sake this was some serious shit that I got myself into now. What did I do now? Should I tell Mr. Gray about it?

"Rave!" I heard a familiar voice yelling out my name before Vince's face appeared above my head. Why was he even here? He didn't participate in the game.

"I came here after an invasion of Mellontikos was reported. Where is Rune? I sensed him not even 5 seconds ago." His eyes trailed over the fighting scene before resting back on me and he pulled me up to lean against a tree.

"What happened here?"

I didn't know what to answer.

"I was attacked but Rune... killed two of them. Vince listen to me Rune is-!" My friend pressed his hand on my mouth preventing me to speak any further.

"Don't say it, there are people that came with me who might hear it." He lowered his voice and left me in utter confusion. It sounded like he knew...

"I'm sorry for not telling you but I had my suspicions about Rune being a Falcon family member for a while now. Don't go around telling anyone Raven." He demanded and I wanted to ask him what the fuck he was talking about but he didn't let me.

"There is no time for arguing. I know how you must feel but I think Rune could be very helpful in a new mission that was just announced by the leader. He is not an evil guy, you hear me?"

"Every Falcon clan member is reported a criminal here, Vince! How do you even consider doing nothing?! We don't even know his motives!"

"Yeah, but the Raven I know would use any opportunity to team up with a criminal and throw away the rules just to see how much fun it'll be. Don't you think we should consider the situation more closely before making a decision like we always do?"