chapter [20]

I woke up to the smell of scrambled egg and was fast to leave the small room. I found a plate with food in the kitchen together with a small note. Vince had really made me breakfast... how sweet.

The leader and other members are holding a meeting to discuss the incident yesterday and plan how to proceed with certain matters. Come to gym hall 2 at 1 PM. I will know immediately if you decide to run away.

I admired the beautifully written letters before realizing that it already was 12:50 when I took out my phone from the backpack I had left here.

In a hurry I ate up all the food and simply left in Raven's hoodie and the pair of grey joggers that I had been wearing since yesterday. I didn't even bother to wash my face but went outside the apartment and down to the cafeteria as fast as people would count as normal.

When I arrived at the said place the only person I spotted was Raven following my every movements with his eyes. He stood right in the middle of the totally empty gym hall.

"Slept well?" He wondered when I saw my reflection in the windows. My hair was totally messed up and all over the place and I had been running through the building like this... great. To hide it, I pulled over my hood and checked if anyone was watching.

"My back was hurting a little but I slept fine." I replied reminding him of how he had yanked me to the ground yesterday.

"Why am I here? Vince left a message..." I continued and looked up and into his hazel eyes that gladly were at ease right now.

"I've been at a meeting this morning where they discussed how to proceed with mellontikos but that is not what has to concern us. Like Vince already told you there is a chance that we will be assigned to a mission in London to investigate the seen Falcob man and if you prove to be worth it we'll take you with us. Jane and Vince are currently informing the newcomers of possible dangers after yesterday so I am here to sort some things out with you after we didn't finish yesterday." He sternly kept his eyes on me while talking as if lecturing me about something.
This was the reason I had to get out of bed so suddenly. I couldn't even shower, nor change clothes or get a bit more of rest. Speaking of that... did Raven even sleep if he attended a meeting this morning? And what about his leg? I already wondered about that yesterday but he seemed to be fine. Or maybe he pretended to be?

"Then what do I need to do to go with you?" I wanted to know.

"Like we said yesterday: you need to earn our trust... my trust." He explained but I couldn't hold back my thoughts.

"As if you'd trust anyone." I mumbled. Raven took a step forward but quickly caught himself.

"That is why I need to know a lot more about your gifted powers, blondie. So I can trust in myself defeating you if possible." He countered and I remembered yesterday night with a grin.

"You mean so you can keep your hair?" I teased him before he came at me but of course I was faster and stood at the other end of the hall in less than a second.

"Too slow." I winked at him and crossed my arms in satisfaction. Annoying Raven could really become a new hobby to me.

"How fast can you go?" The older tried to not let himself get distracted when he raised his voice so I could hear him at the other end.

"Faster than the speed of sound if I'm really determined. Let's say about 500 meters per second. I never tried running much faster." I thought about what the fastest speed I ever ran could be. But 500 should fit.
In the blink of an eye I went back to him and stopped right behind his back.

"But that is quiet tiresome because every second I run in high speed feels like full on sprinting for a second to normal humans." I continued my explanation making the older flinch away from me suddenly appearing behind him.