chapter [5]

{Rune}

The incident with the Inoue group hadn't even been more than a day ago but it felt like my whole life suddenly made a dramatic change. At first I worried that they might come after me since they knew where I lived but on the other hand, if I really was a spy then comming here would be like walking into a trap so I just hoped I was save for now.

"Hey, Vera." I held my phone next to my ear after calling my sister's number.

"Rune? Whats wrong? Did I forget Granny's brithday again?!" She panicked on the phone making me sigh.

"No, chill. I just wanna say that I'm moving into your house. I already made all the arrangements and packed most of the valuable things so I'll take the plane in two days." I simply explained to her knowing that she'd probably freak out at that sudden news. Vera has been living in LA for 5 years now since she started her career as a singer and actress. She was already really famous and her house that she bought in a wealthy block near the ocean was totally big enough for me to fit in. And buying my own was too much of a hassle... not that I didn't have the money though. I might walk around looking like a beggar at times but my family had loads of money from all the Falcon group wealth. Additionally, I secretly was a faceless singer on social media apart from working at a convenience store and sis was a celebrity and that payed quiet well.

"What do you mean you'll move here? Rune, you can't just come to LA. Does Granny know about this?!" Just as I expected she was freaking out... oh damn.

"I might have come in contact with the Inoue group..." I slowly spoke to make sure it sounded less bad as she thought it was but the yell echoing through the speaker killed my ear.

"YOU DID WHAT?!?"

"Listen I..." I actually went over the whole story to make her understand me better even though I was aware that she didn't like what I did.

"Rune, you shouldn't have involved yourself in their business by saving Raven Inoue. He's a big number here and messing with their group will get you killed! I know you want to understand things and stop hiding yourself from the people that killed our group but think about your own family for once. What will you do if they find out about you? Do you think me or Granny will be save? It's not only your life on the line!" She sounded angry and I started feeling bad. However, I didn't plan on going back on what I planned even with such high risks.

"Vera, you know I'm not stupid so I know what my actions can causr and getting you and Granny in danger is the last thing I want... I don't plan on making the Inoue group and all other groups hate us even more by killing some of their members or something."
I calmed my breathing to make it better understandable.

"I only want to get to know this whole world of gifted ones better. Their rules and system... and I also want to understand why our group had to die because I'm sure there has to be more to it."

"Rune... how can you be certain they won't kill you if they realize who you are? Inoue group has the most influence and power here, their people are all professionals that no one would dare messing with... you cannot simply wall into their headquarters." In Vera's voice I noticed a seriousness and worry that I hardly ever heard from her. It meant she was honest about her feelings but I couldn't listen to her if she didn't get what I was feeling... I sincerely was very sorry for worrying her since she was the person I valued most in life together with granny.

"They're also just human... and the people involved in the massacre were all older so the younger generation might see this differently like I do because I do not think that there is a reason to hate on the Falcon family... and I'll show that to these people until they've proven me wrong. And apart from that I swear to everything there is that I won't carelessy ever tell anyone that I have family." I put my hand on my chest out of instinct when saying that even though Vera couldn't see me. She must know that I'd hold my word because I have always tried my best to do that as well as never gave a promise that I couldn't hold.