chapter [4]

{Rune}

I had followed the black car in which the people from Inoue group were driving until they arrived at one of those small vacation houses that could be rented. It wasn't far from Berlin at a lake that I knew from having been there a few times.
Around them other people were living at least 200 meters away so they were pretty much by themselves.

"Intersting... so they really aren't staying here for long." I concluded still watching them enter the house one after another.

When everyone was inside I slowly came out of my hiding spot, still keeping me head low while walking around it.
There was a slighty opened window to what seemed like it had to be the kitchen so I positioned myself right underneath it to hear what was going on inside. It was difficult to make out words from it because these people were in another room.

"I need to get closer." I whispered to myself and got up from my squatting position to turn around and search for a better place when I almost hit my head on something right behind me... or rather someone.

"Hello there." It was the blue short haired girl that was with Raven. She was about as tall as me and her eyes were piercing holes into mine. I already knew that I was screwed from this point on but how couldn't I have noticed her creeping up behind me? My hearing wasn't especially gifted but it was good enough to hear a person walk.

"Oh uhm." I prepared to fake a german accent and awkwardly scratched my neck.

"I am the son of the landlord of this house and I was searching for the owners. The bell didn't work so I tried at the window." I came up with the best excuse I could find and smiled awkwardly at the girl.

For a moment she scanned me up and down before her intimidating frown turned into a wide grin as she started laughing. But her intentions were very hard to read since she radiated a certain crazyness.

"Oh sure, I should've known that the landlord would send his people over at the last day before we go again. Come on in, boy." Was she serious or was she just playing with me... and I definitely wasn't a boy. I was 19!

"Eh sure haha." I let myself get dragged to the front door to not cause more suspicion than there already was when the girl had already shoved me inside.

"Guys, we have a guest!" She yelled and a bad feeling made it's way to my stomach. Should I run now? I wouldn't have a chance as soon as that Raven guy recognized me.

"I'll lead you to the living room." The girl sweetly stated and suddenly I noticed she had my arm tightly in her grip. She knew... she suspected me and I was caught.

Still smiling I followed her movements through the door leading into the living room where both of us stopped. In a smooth movement she had me kneeling on the floor in front of her, harshly pushing down my shoulders before getting a hold of both my arms... it hurt. I should have been more careful again.
I had my head low, hood covering most of my face so I could only spot 3 pairs of shoes and thought that this was a moment when I should be scared for my life but I strangely wasn't... there was definitely awareness of eventually getting hurt but it was covered by the adrenalin of excitement that went through my veins

"Jane, explain this." A deep voice spoke, that I hadn't heard before. That must be the serious looking guy that drove them before.

"Sir, I found this guy sneaking around the house outside saying he's the son of our landlord." The girl called Jane reported in a professional manner and I heard someone chuckle. That someone was Raven Inoue. He really seemed to be easily amused by others suffering, didn't he?

"I didn't know this house had a landlord?" He added to his laugh and I felt his heavy stare on me.

"We should be careful. He is most likely a spy from the enemy." Again someone else was speaking. It had to be the guy that found Raven first after I left...