chapter [7]

{Rune}

The next day I was supposed to be at the headquarter building very early in the morning at about 7 am so the training orientation could start. Getting up so early after finishing to edit a recorded song yesterday after I left early surely was a big struggle but at least that way Vera wouldn't see me and question the red spot on my forehead. I already covered it with my hair relatively effective but you could never know.

I decided to be trained in close combat because I had experience in that sector so today I was entering the building with a bag of spare clothes in case we'd already start. I actually had no idea where I'd be meeting Raven today so even if I didn't want to I ended up asking some random person that looked like they knew about this.
So after 10 minutes I ended up in the 5th floor in front of a door with a sign next to it.
'Appartment owned by Raven Inoue' I read in thoughts and doubted that I was supposed to wait for him here. The person I asked probably had no clue themselves.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I turned around to see Raven at the other side of the hallway, dressed in sweatpants and a large black hoodie.
His expression was as annoyed as ever and I couldn't deny that I felt a little sad to hear nothing about yesterday... no apology.

"I was searching for you." I explained making him sigh.

"Did no one tell you to come to the training hall again? If you wouldn't have run off yesterday I could've told you." he seriously scolded me although he was the reason I left in the first place. Trying to not take it personally and don't hold a grudge I brought it over myself to apologize. However, I was ignored and told to follow Raven down to the second floor.
In the elevator it was awkwardly quiet and I had the feeling he must hate me even more now... it wasn't pleasant.

"Show me your forehead." Raven then demanded all of a sudden and I let my eyes trail over him for a second before answering.

"I'm alright, no one will notice so you won't be in trouble." I assured him knowing that this was the reason he asked and not because he was actually worried.

"That is for me to decide. I can't risk that Mr. Gray sees this." he didn't accept what I was saying and came closer but I didn't want to show the spot to him. It was red, even blue at some small spots and slightly swollen even after I applied medicine on it.

"I'll put on a beanie on or something, don't worry." I kept trying not to show it but he wouldn't let me and brushed the hair away that was hiding the small injury.

His hand on my skin felt hot and I flinched back not liking anyone touching my face like this. The audacity to get so close to me!

"I said no." I raised my voice slightly and fixed the hair again while Raven looked at me with an expression that I couldn't read. Did he feel bad now? I sure hoped he did.

"It has the same color as your make up yesterday."
I didn't know what to say in that moment because it came so random. How did that guy even notice I was wearing make up yesterday...

"I mean it looks ugly, you should make sure it heals quickly." Raven cleared his throat and awkwardly stepped out of the elevator.

"What in gods name..." I whispered to myself but let it drop quickly when I ran after him to the same hall as yesterday where about 10 other groups of three people had already gathered. Most of the applicants must have chosen close combat then.

"Oi, Rave!" A girl shouted his name and I remembered her as Jane. Her icy blue died short hair was not difficult to spot in the small crowd of people.
When she approached us, another girl and and a man followed behind her, both already dressed in more comfortable clothes for training.