chapter [25]

[Rune]

I kept running until another guy was blocking the way and the three behind me formed a circle around me.
In desperation I looked out for Jane but she was held back.

"What is this about..." I slowly spoke when they came closer. On top of that, two were carrying pistols and of course they were aiming right at me.

"Come with us and we will call back our troup immediately." One of them spoke.
Why of all people would they want me to come with them? They couldn't possibly know anything or maybe they did?

"Where are we going?" I tried buying a little time. What did these guys think trying to make me come with them after they almost pulverized us?!

"You will see when we get there. Your uncle-" In that very moment a bullet hit the person's head from the side causing a fountain of blood to splurt from it before he fell.

In a matter of seconds all the others went down one by one but the only thing I saw was a shadow taking them out incredibly fast and non forgiving. For a person that wasn't gifted with speed he was faster than most people here.
But this wasn't someone from our mission's group...

[Raven]

I smashed the head of some prick trying to get at me from behind before suddenly all the enemies fell one after another before all of us were the only ones left standing. What the hell did just happen?
My eyes searched for Rune, finding him standing further away...

"The Inoue family? What a surprise finding you here." My ears perked up at that voice and soon I could make out a male figure slowly walking to where Neil and I had been fighting just moments ago.

It was another unfamiliar man, I'd say he was about as old as Neil and definitely east asian.
His hair was styled back lazily fitting his casual but chic outfit of a suit jacket and a turtle neck underneath combined with color fitting pants.

That guy already pissed me of with the way he was looking down at us unbothered and belittling.
Although I had never met him there was no explanation needed to determine who that was.

"Hyeonsu Hwang..." Neil was first to say out his name in the silence of tension.
Yeah, I came across that name once or twice when learning about important members of our partnered groups.
Hwang group was one of those with their headquarters currently being in South Korea. Hyeonsu Hwang was the only son of their leader known as very skilled since young age and aspiring to become the next leader soon. Authority or not, this guy gave me bad feelings and if it hadn't been for him helping us just now, I wouldn't try to contain the words in my mind right now.

"Neil, my friend. I was just exiting the plane with my comrade when we heard of the commotion here. Did you have a welcome party with Mellontikos? What a shame that we weren't invited..." he sighed and let his cold eyes roam over the place.

"I did not know you were comming to London, too. Got any business here?" My brother made the other's attention go back to him again while I scanned the area again. This Hyeonsu guy said there had been another guy with him... but where?

"Oh, apparently a member of the Falcon family had been seen here. Would've been a shame to not dig a little further, would it? Who knows, we might even get the details of Project Healers creation out of him. Isn't that what you are after, too?"

Finally I spotted a small dark clothed person in a hoodie but I didn't like how he pointed a gun at none other than Rune when they approached us.

"Hey, what is this about? He belongs to us." I marched forward and grabbed the small dudes arm that was holding Rune from behind. Blondie himself did seem out of it for some reason. Had he been injured? Or even worse?!