chapter [33]

[Rune]

"Go!" I didn't neee to be told twice when I threw myself through the wall of enemies like the projectile of a gun. They were too slow to stop me right now and most of their powers did not affect me much so the way through the entrance was free.

I entered through the door that led to the underground tunnel, not knowing where I could find Peter Falcon so I kept running straight forward noticing how not a single soul was in here. In a hurry, I tried remembering the way to the large hospital room and took a few turns until I found it totally empty as well.

A cold shiver went down my spine... it didn't make sense. Vince had clearly told us that he had felt the presence of at least a 1000 people in here. Were they all gathered in some other part of this basement?

"Vince, there is no one here..." I pressed the earpiece and waited for the older to answer.

"That can't be... I could sense about 700 around the area and up in the woods... and about 300 in the basement. There is a likely chance they hid the injured ones and children somewhere deeper within. Don't go looking for them... or priority is Peter Falcon." He shortly answered and I took a breath to calm my nerves.

"Alright, but where-" I was harshly cut off by a sudden impact on the side of my face. If I hadn't used my obtained ability of making my body like gum, that impact would have killed me in an instant. Although I didn't get hurt from the punsh itself, I was smashed against the wall on the opposite side and the earpiece was ruined.

In shock I got up and ran forward to not be in the area of a next attack when I saw the menacing figure of Peter Falcon suddenly blocking the way.
He had landed that punch on me with ease just because I lost focus for a second. If he had used the cursed knife instead of his fist everything would have been lost by now...

"Hello, my dear nephew. Fancy a cup of tea?" Peter sweetly asked and grinned when moving back as soon as I tried to touch his skin that was only revealed on his face.

"Sorry to disappoint but I'm more of a coffee guy." I remarked when he kept escaping in superspeed while I chased after him continuously.

"Urgh, you are just like your mother, no wonder you resemble her so much." He giggled and suddenly paced forward to attack me with his knife. But before he was close enough he opened his mouth and a sound hit me that was so loud that I could not hear for a few seconds and lost my orientation.

"Argh" I was hit on my back feeling the knife deeply slice my flesh.

"Even killing you feels the same." Peter's voice got more distorted and crazy by the second.

I felt the wound close up quickly but a sudden rage overcame my body instead. What did he just say? What did that fucking asshole just say...?!

"Oh, you didn't know? Haha, it was me who murdered your parents that night. Not the gifted groups, not Inoue but me!" He reached out his arms to the sides and smiled to the ceiling.

"They left their children behind to go back helping their comrades and oh no! They were taking the lead and starting to have the upper hand! How could I have let them win this? Nonono they were supposed to die!
So I killed them, hah! What's that expression on your face Rune? I finally see a resemblance between me and you." He excidetly giggled but I didn't even have the nerve to say something back to him. I was here to take his powers from him... and if he died in the process it was his fault.

"Come here, Rune." He smirked and in the next moment he jumped up with insane force before he punched through the ceiling and disappeared.
The whole basement started shaking like an earthquake and parts of the ceiling came down.
In shock I stumbled back and fell.
He had escaped outside while I was caught in here. My strength wasn't enough to jump that high nor get out of here once everything was buried in rocks.