chapter [12]

{Rune}

After Raven finished in the bathroom I went in there myself and brushed my hair a little. I didn't want to take a shower at the moment but I wasn't smelling so the only actual problem were my clothes. Raven said he'd lend me some but I didn't want to ask him after what he did before... in the end I had no chance but to do so.

Taking a deep breath I stepped out of the bathroom as my eyes started itching from wearing the contacts for too long. God, how I hated this.

"Uhm, can you lend me some clothes? I will wash them or buy new ones but you said you'd give me some..." I asked into the empty living room and a few seconds later a stack of clothes came flying from his bedroom without any comment.

"Thanks." I begrudgingly remarked and went back into the bathroom to put them on.

It was a black shirt that looked oversized on me and black sweatpants that barely fit my waist but it worked for now. I liked wearing all black after all.

When I came out again I grabbed my shoes, phone and purse from some corner where Raven had probably thrown it and went to the exit door.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" The guy suddenly appeared from his bedroom, his red and black hair still messy, bare feet and in sweatpants and a hoodie.

"I'm going home. It's already 11 am and I've bothered you long enough. Thank you for letting me stay. I'll make sure to make it up to you some day." I gave him a slight sarcastic smile as I often did. Still, I was thankful that he found me.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He randomly wanted to know and I didn't wait to answer.

"Yes, you do." But I regretted it again because it was painfully obvious how sad his expression turned for a second before it was gone as fast as it came.

"No wait. I am wrong." I added before I'd feel worse and sighed.

"Uhm..." I really didn't know why I said this but I was sure that I meant it. Telling people what good I saw in them was something I always did when I felt like I offended them in some way and with Raven's mood dropping like that now was the right moment.

"You are a little impulsive and you say mean stuff to people... but I really am thankful that you saved me yesterday. I actually don't think you are as bad as you portrait yourself... You make a rather remarkable instructor and if Jane trusts your good sides I'll try to do that too. I'm sure you can be a nice person if you want to." I mumbled needing a lot of willpower. But for Raven's reaction I wasn't prepared.

"Get out." He coldly demanded. "Now"

Totally thrown off I locked eyes with him again.

"I-"

"Do you think how I give myself is a joke? Do you really think I am secretly soft and caring or something?! If I wouldn't have been so drunk I would have never taken you with me yesterday so don't assume that I am generous." He hissed between clenched teeth and pushed me back.

"Don't think you know me, Rune because I am a lot more powerful and stronger than all those people who think letting feelings lead them is right."

I stumbled back and almost fell.
I hit some nerve there... I definitely did. Was Raven so scared about showing feelings or being nice that he reacted with aggression to it?!
Even a stranger could tell how he got fully defensive over what I said.

"Showing feelings or being soft is not being weak. I thought people these days knew as much." I said back with determination but kept my voice calm. How could Raven not believe as much as that?