Side Story - Ice Cream

(I wrote this more than a year ago lol. This was before I had everything figured out like I do now with the last chapter. This was supposed to take place after the camp, but it's kinda strange compared to my original plans.)

"Kentaro~" Hisashi comes out of nowhere and puts his arm around Kentaro.

Kentaro is startled but immediately recognizes who it is. His expression turns to that of immense disgust. He tries to get Hisashi off of him by pushing him. Somehow, Hisashi doesn't budge.

"Get off of me!!" Kentaro protests.

"Don't wanna~" Hisashi says selfishly. The smile on his face only grows larger as he watches Kentaro struggle.

"Akiara, tell this pervert off!! He listens to you!!" Kentaro begs me.

I guess I should... Although it's kind of fun watching this. I turn to Hisashi and give him a stern expression.

"Let go of Kentaro." I say.

"Hm..." Hisashi stares at me with a smirk as if he's thinking. "I don't wanna~"

Usually Hisashi does as I say so I'm surprised. Guess there's no way to help Kentaro now.

"Grrr...." Kentaro growls in anger at that. "I... said... GET OFF!!" Kentaro uses all his strength to push Hisashi off of him. Hisashi finally gets pushed and stumbles for a split second.

Hisashi looks utterly surprised. Then his smile returns, amused. "Aw, so mean~ It's not nice to push people~" Hisashi gets closer to Kentaro to grab him again.

"Stay away!!!" Kentaro starts running in hopes that he can get away.

"You're going to make me run...? I guess it's good exercise." Hisashi runs after Kentaro with that.

Now I'm left alone as I watch them run away. Are we still going to get that ice cream that we were walking to...? T_T

Just then, someone grabs the end of my shirt, halting my movements. I look over my shoulder to see white fluffy hair. The person is hunched over, trying to catch their breath.

"Gin...?" I ask.

Gin looks up, he's wearing a mask as usual. "Akiara...! I finally caught up to you!"

I turn around. "Sorry! It's good to see you!"

Gin straightens and smiles with his eyes. "You too."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well... Hisashi suddenly showed up at my house... and he dragged me out. He brought me here but didn't say why. That was when we spotted you two. Hisashi ran off to meet with you. I wasn't sure what to do... but I decided to come after you too." Gin shifts uncomfortably.

"Hisashi knows where you live??" That part of his story baffles me.

"Yeah... I don't know how either..."

"It seemed like he knew Kentaro and I were here too. Did he put tracking devices on us!?"

Gin laughs softly at the absurd conclusion I came to. He shakes his head. "I doubt that. But it is strange."

I smile. "I was just going to the new ice cream place. Want to come with? I was going with Kentaro before he ditched me..."

"I want to go!!" Gin immediately says, his eyes sparkling.

"Then let's go!!" I'm filled with an incredibly happy feeling.

We walk and talk. It was fun doing the same with Kentaro, but having the cute Gin next to me is even more fun. I want to stare at him forever~