EPISODE 37

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 37

IKRAM'S POV

" I love you " I shouted, the impact of my words lost on him.

I paused a little to catch my breath.

" I am sorry..." I couldn't complete my sentence as a lady came out of the lecture room and suddenly hugged him from behind.

" Baby", she says and peck his cheeks. When she notices he didn't respond, she look up and her eyes met mine.

She looks at me with a scowl on her face. " Who is she?" She asks him.

My heart hitches at her word. I look at him and his face shows no emotions in it making it hard for me to read him. We all stayed like that in silence staring at each other and I wish I could see something to teleport me away.

" Can you please excuse us for a moment?" He says to the lady breaking the silence as he tears his eyes away from me.

" Sure, I will be waiting for you at the entrance," She says with a fake smile on her face and left.

"What do you just say a few minutes ago?" He asks me immediately the lady was out of our sight.

I took a deep breath. My voice cracked as I continued  " I .. love you, I ..am ..so ..sorry for coming late.  I just wanted to be sure...... " He met my eyes with no remorse as he cut me off.

" Stop it Ikram . it's too late for all this".

And with that, I watched, speechless as I felt like the ground should open and swallow me.  " This is crazy"  I let out a nervous laugh. "Why are you doing this ?" When you love someone, you don't just give up on them. You keep trying" I say as I try to hold the tears in my eyes from falling.

" Me? Keep trying? Are you kidding me?" See, that's the problem right there" He told me. " Do you know how many times I called you? How many times  I beg you to give me a chance? Do you know how it feels to be rejected over and over again? Do you think that the definition of love is staying and trying no matter how many times you got rejected?".

I didn't realize when a tear dropped from my eyes as what he just said hit me.

" It's too late, I am sorry but have moved on, " He said and left me standing as he walked past me.

I couldn't move my feet because it felt that someone glue me down toward the ground. I feel so ashamed of myself as my tears flowed down uncontrollably. I went on my knees because I was too weak to stand on my feet. I was glad no one was in sight to see me like this. I stayed like that for a while placing my head on my knees as I sobbed quietly.

After crying for an hour, I stood up and wipe my tears away from my face which was now swollen and bloodshot. I turned to head home but froze on my spot as I saw Norbet standing in front of me. I can't believe he didn't leave all this while. He smiles at me and opens his arms wide for me. I let out a laugh as tears glittens in my eyes.

" I need you to know I will always have feelings for you and they will never fade. My feelings for you are real, Kimmy. I am sorry I had to be the reason for your tears and this will be the last time I will ever make you cry. I love you so much ".

" I love you too," I said and run to hug him as tears streamed down my eyes.

" I am sorry for making you cry, " He says and kissed my head-hugging me tightly.

**********************************************

THREE YEARS LATER

IMEN'S POV