EPISODE 24

Don't be a ghost reader, kindly Click on the 🌟 button at the left hand side of your screen 🙏. It really means a lot to me.

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 24

IMEN'S POV

"You guys are just being paranoid for nothing," Ikram says as she scooped the ice cream from the cone and lick it.

" But who could place that baby's cloth on my bed if it's not you?" Amanda says confusion written all over her face as she eats her ice cream.

" It might be Zayed" I blurted out making Amanda and Ikram exchange glances.

"Why would you say that ?" Ikram says and lets out a laugh." No wonder your husband says you need to talk to a therapist".

"Ik, I need you to believe me. I know what am saying and I want you guys to be cautious too."

" He is not a vampire for goodness sake.  He is dead and not coming back. You will keep having this bad feeling that something is going to happen because you keep thinking about him. Remember when we watched that horror movie, we were all afraid to stay alone for a week because we thought a  zombie was going to come out of nowhere and attack us. That is the feeling you are having right now because you keep thinking about him. You need to put your mind at rest."

" But what if he is not ... "Ikram cut me off by harshly putting a spoonful of my ice cream which was already melting into my mouth.

"Enough of talking about the death," She says and rolled her eyes at me.

" But who could place the baby's cloth on Amanda's bed?" I further ask.

" It might be mum," She says referring to my mom and shrugged her shoulder.

" She's not around," Amanda says.

"It might be me, remember we haven't unpacked the baby's cloth we bought yesterday," Ikram says.

" But you said you weren't the one when I called you yesterday," Amanda says.

" You called me when I was sleeping so what do you expect me to say? Can you guys stop assuming things and let's eat this ice cream in peace? " Ikram says getting frustrated.

" Okay," Amanda and I chorused and let out a light laugh.

" And don't you dare say this in front of mum, you know how much it takes for her to get over the death of Zad," She says and we all nod our heads in accordance.

I know deep down it wasn't Ikram that placed that baby cloth there, she was just trying to take our mind from it. Amanda told us about the baby's cloth placed in the middle of her bed somehow heightened my suspicion. Zayed is not dead and I can feel it. I am just sad that no one believes me. Maybe I wouldn't have been this paranoid if I had seen his dead body before he was buried or something.

" Hello, guys " My mum's voice jolted me out of my thoughts as she walked inside.

" Welcome Mom" We all chorused even though I couldn't look at her straight in the eyes like before.

" Amanda, you shouldn't be eating too much ice cream because of the baby," She says and rubs her baby bump.

" Omg! he kicked, " My mum says with so much excitement I have never seen in her eyes before. I am sure she sees the baby as the reincarnation of Zayed.

"Really?" Ikram asks. "He has never kicked in my present before despite how I rub her baby bump" She pouts sadly making everyone laugh.

" Maybe you should try your luck now, " My mum says and placed her hand on Amanda's baby bump.