EPISODE 22

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 22

"Babe, stop" I barely whisper at the hand caressing my cheek . I nudge my cheek for him to stop doing that because he was disturbing my sleep but he couldn't listen. I slowly open my eyes  holding the hand caressing my cheek and my eyes nearly popped out of its socket immediately I came face to face with my dead brother.

Is he a ghost?

Am I dreaming?

Why can't I move my body?

I wanted to scream but he quickly placed his hand on my lips silencing me. I look at my side with fear written all over my face to see Aayan fast asleep beside me. I turned to face him back and this time he was already holding a knife as he lower it towards Aayan.

"NO!" I woke up with a start .

" Are you okay?" I heard Aayan's concerned voice beside me.

" Aa. Aayan, he .. is.. not.. dead " I say as my eyes were already wet from what I felt.

" Who? " He asks confusion written all over his face.

" He.. is alive. Zayed is..  still. alive  " I say as tears brims in my eyes.

" Are you dreaming again?" He asks as he turns me to face him.

" It felt so real, Aayan . I am scared ".

" Imen, you will keep having this bad dream about your brother because you haven't let go of him.  I know it's hard for you to forget him but he is dead, Imen. He is never coming back ".

" But...." He cut my sentence short.

" There's nothing to worry about, babe ".  It was just a bad dream because you have been paranoid since morning. Let's sleep" He says and pulls me closer to him as we both lay down and within some minutes he was fast asleep.

*****************************************
I tried to bring up my dream again this  morning  when he was preparing for work and  I hate the fact that  he couldn't listen or believe me despite how I tried to let him see reason.

"Imen, it was just a dream for goodness sake," He says as he knots his tie.

" Really? then who is the mysterious person knocking on our door last night?" I ask him as I set the table for breakfast which contains toasted bread, scrambled eggs, and coffee.

" That's the handiwork of my sister and Max. Why are you making this a big deal " He says feeling frustrated by my question.

" That's because my instincts don't lie, we need to inform the FBI agents "

" For what exactly? For a ghost? What are you going to tell them exactly? That you dreamt about seeing your dead brother trying to kill me" He scoffs.

" No one will ever believe you," He says trying to control his anger.

" That's because my husband who was supposed to believe me in the first place is not taking me seriously" I yell at him.

" Wo..wo, Are you on your period or something," He says as he walks towards me. He sat beside me as pick up his cup of coffee and sip from it. He placed it back on the table and face me.

" Remember you hallucinated about seeing him in the hospital back then and now you are dreaming about him. Should we do a checkup? maybe you are traumatized by what happened ".

" Are you trying to say I am also crazy like my brother?" I said getting annoyed.

" When did I say that ?" He says as he rubs his temple.