EPISODE 28

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 28

AAYAN'S POV

"Imen is with him ".

"What!" Zane says surprise written in his voice.

" I ..should ..have listened to .. her, " I say as tears rolled down my eyes. " I will never forgive myself if anything happens to her ".

" What do you mean? "Zane asks confusion written in his voice.

" Zane, she.. told ..me he is not dead and I couldn't believe her. She called me two days ago when I was coming back from work telling me he is inside our house but I couldn't believe her despite her teary voice. I should have known better than thinking she's just being paranoid".

" Shit! Why didn't you inform us? "Zane says.

" I .. don't know, I thought she was just being paranoid for nothing ".

" You should at least let us know. We were busy carrying out an investigation here and if knew about it earlier, it would have given us a lead on him. I pray he doesn't harm her because during our research we are made to know Untreated schizoaffective disorder can result in several devastating consequences, including an increase in severity of other mental health conditions, physical harm, or loss of relationships. If treatment is not accepted immediately, the following consequences may result to ... Suicidal ideation or suicide attempts".

" Oh my God! What should I do? " I say with tears streaming down my eyes as I pace back and forth in the room feeling uneasy.

" Have you called her ?".

" I have but her number is unavailable".

" Does Imen left you any clue?".

" No, she only left me a divorce paper but I knew better now that it's was his handiwork".

" Good! Pick it up and check if she left something for you".

" I don't think so because I already read through the content. The only thing I can say is that she already signed it ".

" You need to check it again. She must have left you a clue so we can know where to find her ".

" Okay ".

I went back to the divorce papers and read through it all and still couldn't find anything. I turned the paper around and I nearly collapse when I saw her handwriting at the back. Tears spilled uncontrollably down my eyes as I read it.

Babe, I don't know if you are going to see this because you couldn't believe me when I told you he is not dead. He is back and he has threatened to kill you and every one of my loved ones. He has gotten so much worse and I couldn't allow that so I had to sign the divorce papers and follow him. Make sure to tell my parents and friends. Make sure to protect them. I want you to know you ain't pathetic and you are not destined to live alone for the rest of your life. I love you and I couldn't imagine anyone with you except me. I am so sorry for the hurtful words I am going to say to you. I just had no choice. I already had a CCTV installed at the door since the mysterious knocking happened so I hope you can see his car plate number or something from my laptop. please .. come and find me on time, I am scared.

" Aayan, are you there ?" Zane asks when he realized I was silent.

" Zane, she left a clue, " I say in between tears.

" What is it ?".

" I read the content for him as my tears couldn't stop. I told him about the CCTV too".