EPISODE 23

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 23

AAYAN'S POV

I was so engrossed in the conversation I was having with my colleague about one of our patients who refused to undergo surgery for his health when we suddenly heard a loud thump on the floor behind us.  I lifted my eyes to see who it was while my colleague turn around and I felt  the color slightly drained from my face upon seeing who it was.

Imen?

I quickly stood up from my seat as I looked at her keenly. What's she doing here?

"Oh my goodness!" she held a hand over her chest, her face thoroughly contorted in shock.
" I was scared, I thought you were someone else," She says referring to my colleague before bending on her knees to pick up the lunch box.

My colleague glance at her before looking at me for an answer confusion written all over his face. I smiled at him. "She's my wife ".

" W..Wife?" He says surprise is written all over his face.

I gave him a playful punch on his shoulder as I walk out of my seat. " Stop acting like you don't know am married, " I say and waved my wedding band on his face. This time Imen was already on her feet with a smile plastered on her face as she looks at the both of us. Despite how angry I am at her, I can't help but admire her. I walked up to  Imen and stop when I got closer to her.

" Imen, meet my colleague and friend at work Dr. Feivel ".

" Friend? Not even best friend" He smirk and roll his eyes at me earning a light laugh from Imen while I  smile and shake my head at his childishness. Ever since I ended my friendship with Zayed, I have never seen a need to have new friends because I felt 'Friendship is not meant to be forever. I got to know Feivel when I started working. He is one of the top doctors among us and we were of the same  age. I make sure to keep my relationship with everyone professional but he is the only one who refused to act professional with me so I had no choice but to accommodate his silliness which I now found funny and interesting as we became buddies.

"  Dr feivel, meet my wife Imen, " I say as I introduce them to each other.

" It's my pleasure meeting you, " Feivel says and extends his hand to shake her.

" Same here," Imen says with a tight smile and shakes him.

" You look so beautiful," He says and shook her hand.

" Hey..hey, Stop with the compliment," I say and quickly pull their hands apart.

" So you can't allow your wife to take a compliment from me but you could take multiples compliments from the patients and nurses. Such a jealous husband" He says and we all laugh.

" I will see you later, I need to go now," He says and pick up the file he left earlier on my desk and turn to leave.

He stopped when he was about to open the door. " Aayan, can I talk to you for a minute?".

" Yeah. Sure".

" I will be waiting outside. Nice meeting you sister in law " He says and heads out.

I looked at Imen. " It's okay, I can wait " She barely whispers looking at the floor.

" Okay, you can have your seat. I will soon be back" I told her and she nods her head.

I head out and met Feivel pacing up and down the corridor waiting for me.  "Hey" I gently gave him a tap as he turned around.

" Sorry for taking you away from your wife," He says and smiles at him.