IV • 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖊𝖋 𝕶𝖆𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖉𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖘

On JULY 10th 2002, A small rehabilitation center was built in the middle of Incheon City, with the purpose of turning a vast building into a refuge for those who no longer have the ability to think. It used to run in purity and soulfulness.

The center was organized and controlled by 5 intelligent men.
The owner and head of the board: Chief Kang. A 28 yr old married man who graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology. He grew up, taking care of that facility and eventually met the love of his life in the process.

He died at the age of 50
Cause of death: Suffocation

Luke Dalton: The vice. A 24 yr old man who graduated with a doctorate degree. He collaborates closely with the Chief to aid in the execution of any orders, the creation of board meeting agendas, and the supervision of their assessments. He may also be requested to deal with potential conflicts of interest on the board of directors.
He died at the age of 46
Cause of death: Suffocation

Kayato Yamashita. 28 yrs old, a Co-engineer, and a member of the board. He led his life as a single man, the breadwinner of his family, and the one providing college funds for his younger brother. Dr. Yamashita is in charge of maintaining the center's records and assuring their accuracy. He also keeps track of each unit's activity to ensure that all actions are in compliance with their bylaws.
Died at the age of 50
Cause of death: Suffocation

Lee Sungjeon, and Kang Taeyang, The elders and fellow members of the board.

Mr. Lee is 44 years old, and Mr. Kang is 50. They were appointed at the same time, both with PHDs, and are highly respected in the city government of Incheon...
Lee Sungjeon died at 66
Kang Taeyang died at 72
Cause of death: Suffocation

They have shared each others' success in running an entire rehabilitation center. The hospital itself, however, was average, just like any other in South Korea; quiet and away from the media's spotlight.

Until one day, at the beginning of 2017, a young citizen of Incheon lost to the court of justice and pleaded guilty under the insanity defense. As a result, she was confined to that particular Rehabilitation center. But given that her statistics and mental stability were flawless, Chief Kang and the board of directors were certain that they needed to set this young woman free.
They gave their all. Unfortunately, their greatest efforts were unable to rescue her.

Years had passed, and nobody could help her. . .

On February 25th, 2021, three individuals attempted to pull her out by midnight. Two were close friends of this citizen, and the other was a new helper. The timing was advantageous because the city was in deep sleep and no one would suspect anything. .

However, due to unforeseen circumstances, a mystical spark had struck everyone's minds. This woman's life was brought to disarray after hearing the demand to keep her isolated forever.

=Flashback=

"Sit here." Inside the private meeting place on the 7th unit were the complete board of directors, the first individual with the name Jung Hoseok, the second individual named Kim Seokjin, and the third individual named Min Yoongi.
The woman who was ordered to sit in the middle was named Kyeong Sani. her lips weren't stitched, but she was still terrified... Her eyes were already soaked in tears, as if she had suffered an extreme fight before that meeting.

But In front of her was one more person leaning against the wall.
None of them saw him, except for her.

He stood proudly, watching as she slowly loses herself from the horrendous agreement.

"20 gold bars," Kim Seokjin requested "We will pay each one of you 20 gold bars.."

"Mr. Kim, how could you do this to us?" Chief Kang reasons "You told us you would help her escape!"

"I'm sorry but our plans have changed" Jung Hoseok steps in; his face emotionless as he says

"Lock her up, until I say so... Don't touch her, don't even come close to her room, leave her alone until she finishes the sentencing she deserves."

"You are a disgrace Jung Hoseok." Dr. Yamashita fiercely states "We are not playing around, this is an innocent woman's life we are dealing with. She has nobody but you to lean on, and the last person she trusted. How could you?"

"I do not have time to explain myself," Jung Hoseok replies "20 gold bars a month, take it."

"No... We want her free"

"There are no other choices here Chief" Kim Seokjin answers "Take it, now."

". . . For god's sake Look at Ms. Kyeong! She is begging for her freedom sir.!"

"We don't fucking CARE" Min Yoongi yells, reckless with two pistols darted to scare them. "NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DO AS WE SAY!"

". . . You will take it and keep your word" Hoseok adds "Keep your word. If you so much as try to revert it, you will all die. A life for a life. "

"Hoseok, please!!! Don't do this to them I beg you" Sani hurried out of her seat as she desperately grasps onto Hoseok's suit "That's... Too many lives... What the hell is happening to you!???... Haven't you dealt with too much deaths already? I beg you, stop this now and wake up!!!

PLEASE IT DOESN'T HAVE TO GO THAT FAR!!!"

But Jung Hoseok wasn't functioning normally.. His eyes were flaming with agony, yet he stayed fixed with his decision.

It was as if someone had hypnotized him already. And the worst part is, he was aware of it...

"Hoseok wake up!!! Hoseok-"

She kept crying, but Jung Hoseok could not hear her. So all he did was ignore her and remove her hands.

"You will keep her in here, period"
He calmly sealed the deal
"Nothing more, nothing less..."

"HOSEOK PLEASE!"

"Mr. Jung I beg!"

"It will be immediate execution for all 5 of you if you betray me.." These were Hoseok's final words before Chief Kang and the board of directors were forced to sign the papers.

= End of flashback=

Something happened on that night that had them all torn...

Sucked out of their empathetic hearts..

And from there, Incheon rehabilitation center never felt the same.
The names of the Chief and the well-respected board of directors are stained by greed and material wealth. They reached the pinnacle of affluence for a doctor.
But none of them were pleased with themselves.

They continued to live in vain until their own conscience ate their hearts.