Chapter 1:The Very Beginning

Julie's POV:

My name is Julie Carter. The world I live in is completely consumed by people turned into monster or could I say 'zombies'.

It all started on my 2nd birthday. When my father, Alex and my mother, Julia were celebrating it, there was knocking at the door. My mother went to check it as my dad was playing with me. There was a scream and my mother ran in, followed by a group of 'zombies'!

My dad broke off one leg of the table and started hitting them, driving them out of the door and locked them out.

As my dad came close to my mom, he saw that she was bit. My mom was turning into a zombie and right before she turned, she said, " Take care of our daughter ".

Once she became a zombie, she pounced on my dad. The only thing between her jaws and my dad was the table's leg. Holding the leg in one hand, he tried to take something from the cabinet nearby and took out the gun which was given to him during his days of military training. With it, he shot my mother for my life's sake.

He took me in a blanket and tied me to himself. While he was tying it, the zombies broke in. Taking the gun and table leg, he ran upstairs to the attic and opened the attic window to climb out.

As he climbed out, he saw uncle Max, his best friend, hitting the zombies with a baseball bat. My dad took out his car keys and opened the sun roof of the car and jumped in through it, then closed it.

Starting the car, he drove it upto Max's house and took him in.

They drove fast down the road and my dad hit the brakes, putting the car as a barricade between them and the zombies, as they jumped out and ran straight to military base where a guy was waving his hand and shouting, " Come on, come fast".

As they ran fast to him, the guy let them go in and while they went in, a zombie grabbed his arm and bit him.

He said, "Please continue my job", before he went out and closed the door. There were gunshots heard and then silence.

Max asked my dad, "Did he shoot himself ?".

My dad replied," Maybe ".

Saying this, they took the guns that were lying near the door and started searching around the area for any zombie presence and found the guy's cabin.

My dad took the guy's diary, which was on the desk, and said, " Remember the rumors about military weapons being sold in black ".

Max replied, " Yeah".

And dad said, " It was this guy. Name's Henry Richards. He clearly wrote it in his diary and I think he was planning on more sales, cause you can see he has a few more diaries".

He showed the diaries in the drawer and also showed the diary entry of the previous day. In it, there was written, " This is entry 375 by Henry. Today I opened the door for buyers to come in. For a few moments, no one came and it was quite unusual cause many people wanna be the first buyer. Suddenly, a woman ran through it shouting, 'zombie! Zombie! Help please', and then zombies came through the tunnel. I took a pistol and started shooting at them but I couldn't save the woman. She was pulled down the tunnel by a zombie. So I shot every single zombie in the room and in the tunnel. Then I looked around to see if there are any more zombies and started to wait for any more survivors. According to me, this is my job from now on".

So that became my father's and uncle's job from then on.

A month went by and my father still couldn't find survivors or the tunnel mentioned in the diary. There was no food in the base and it was driving Max nuts.

One day, they both had a fight and my father threw him on the ground and Max fell through the floor which broke, opening the tunnel.