Chapter 18: Ditched for Chocolate

**Please read my note at the end. Thank you beautiful people read on and enjoy**

Chapter 18: Ditched for Chocolate

“Morning everyone” I announced as I finally came down the stairs the next morning to greet my family and Max.

Did I mention that Nick was also in my kitchen? With my little sister sat on his lap hugging him. What parallel universe did I wake up in? I stopped at the arch, unintentionally blanking all the replies I got as I just gawp at the sight.

This isn’t good. Both Mayce and Lizzy are here and will pick up on my bad mood instantly and then I will have to tell them about mum. It would break their hearts. With Nick being here after he kissed and avoided me, isn’t really helping either.

Mayce cleared her throat, gaining my attention. She scowled at me, gesturing her head in Nick’s direction and gave me the look which screamed ‘stop being a idiot and talk to the hot guy sat at our table’

I let out a nervous chuckle and finally got my body to move, but I still kept my eyes locked onto Nick. What a stupid idea that was. I walked straight into the stool I was intending to sit on and bashed my knee with such force I buckled to the floor.

Barks of laughter and Lizzy’s angelic giggles filled the agonising silence, I lay on my back with wide eyes as I stared at the ceiling. Suddenly the pain kicked in like a slap to the face and I began to whimper cradling my knee.

“Shut up you headless chickens. It’s not funny” I whined in embarrassment, pathetically trying to pull myself up using the darn stool.

“You’re funny Ash” Lizzy giggled, making me grin at her when I sat down. I reached over and tussled her hair “Well at least someone thinks so. I’m a bit upset that I’m being ditched for Nick though. Where’s the sisterly love?”   

“Ash do you have any chocolate buttons?” she asked, cocking her head to the side and resting her head on Nick’s chest, annoyingly making me jealous. What is wrong with you, you bitch she is just a little girl not Cynthia?

I glanced at Nick who was staring at me with a strange look of guilt and something else, I frowned at Max and Mayce in confusion “No” I drawled “why?”

Magically a packet appeared in front of my eyes, clenched tight in her tiny palms “Because Nick did” she answered with a grin in his direction causing him to wink at her.

I scoffed “So I’m being ditched for that retarded seal, because he has chocolate?” they began snigger at my outraged look, making me glare at them murderously.

She seemed to be deep in thought but she just shrugged a single shoulder and nodded “Yep”

I scoffed again and pouted my lips childish while throwing my hands around stuttering for a reply “yeah well-“ I stood up and looked anyway but at someone “Whatever, I’m going to school” I mumbled.

Max sniggered “Great come back, put in your place by a five year old. Classic”