Chapter 5: Tom Branigan

I sighed and rubbed my hands together nervously for the fifth time, staring at the house which the address lead me to, which to my complete and utter surprise was a few house down from mine.

Mustering up all the courage I had I slowly made my way up to the very large but daunting house. All in all it looked nice and modern, but the dark brick walls, and dead flowers at either side of the front door, didn’t make it feel so welcoming.

I gulped and stared at the dark black door, I had never thought that a simple wooden door could seem so daunting. Be it the dark colour or the fact that I knew as soon as I stepped through there my life was going to be changed drastically.

I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity, with the way I was going you would think I was entering the doorway to hell, not Nick Branigan’s house … although, I suppose it could be classed as both …?

I cleared my throat and brought my clenched fist up and knocked on the door gently. I waited nervously rolling on the balls of my feet, until the door was flung open.

I looked up and frowned when no one was in sight, then I heard a loud groan, I looked down to come face to face with a mini version of Nick, but he seemed more … Mischievous? I would guess that he was around 6 maybe 7, but just by the way he was standing he seem more mature for his age.

He looked me up and down with a bored and hateful glare as he now narrowed his eyes at me, making me squirm on the spot just like Nick does. “Who the hell are you?” he spat venomously.

Wow he sure seems like a nice kid.

I frowned at his question “Um … Ashley” I informed him, unsure of what else to say to that. “Who are you?” I asked politely, offering him a forced smile.  

“Tom” he said dryly, his eyes still full of hate. He looked me up and down again before looking me square in the eyes “So you are here to see Nick.” He said simple, not even asking, he knew.

I couldn’t help but wonder how he knew that, I was cut threw my thoughts when Tom interrupted me “Don’t look so surprised, I see whores coming to this door for him all the time”

A kid his age, shouldn't know stuff like that, or use that kind of launguage.

I gaped at him in shock before I found my voice “I’M NOT A WHORE!” I yelped in my own defence. Sure I had been called a whore and a hooker a lot lately, but I didn’t expect it from a little boy.

Although I could see where he was coming from … Because Nick told me to where something less nerdy, I was now wearing clothes I find uncomfortable and far too revealing. I guess I was going to be called a lot of names today.

I was wearing a pair of short white denim shorts, a navy blue crop top that showed a slice of my stomach and hung off one shoulder, showing my black bra strap. I had even put on a little amount of makeup.

“So you aren’t here to have sex with my brother?” he asked in disbelief, as he casually leaned against the doorframe. My mouth fell open and my eyes bugged out of their sockets.

“NO!” I screeched, not managing to hide the anger I felt from his accusations. I winced at how my voice sounded and at the fact I had just shouted at a little boy … an evil little boy. Maybe I should invest in some anger management classes … Nope. That’s not going to happen.

He snorted in disbelief and turned his nose up slightly “yeah right” he scoffed. Maybe I could just punch him in the face and shut him up, that wouldn’t be too bad would it?