Chapter 7: ... Sleepover?

Chapter 7: … Sleepover?

As much as I love ridding on Nick’s motorbike right now, it was a lot better when it wasn’t raining. It was after school so Nick was dropping me off at his house, where he assumed I left my car.

Finally he pulled up at his house and I was quick to climb off his bike “Thanks for the ride” I said with a thankful smile. He only nodded as he climbed off his bike and with a little wave from me, he jogged up to his large house and inside the warmth, making me very envies.

When the door shut behind him, I turned on my heel and scampered down the road and ten houses later I reached my own, rather small and degrading house. I shuddered as the rain began to pour relentlessly, almost soaking me in a matter of seconds.

I ran to the door and twisted the handle, my eyes widening when it didn’t open. I felt around my short pockets in a desperate attempt to find my keys. I cursed under my breath when I remembered that my house keys were attached to my car keys, which I left in the house because I walked to Nick’s house this morning.

I knocked on the door and waited, my teeth chattering and my whole body shivering as the freezing water pelted down onto me ruthlessly. When no one answered the door I began hammering and shouting for Mayce to get her butt down here and open the dam door.

And of course Mayce being the very considerate and convenient person, she is. Now decided that she was going to text me and say she was sleeping over at Sophie Plats house, and that Lizzy is also sleeping at one of her friend’s house.

I groaned at myself for forgetting arranging that with Mrs. Flannigan last week. Then I growled at myself in annoyance because now there was no way I could get in my own bloody house, when it’s pouring down and I’m soaked.

I began to curse loudly, kicking my front door. My cries of anger being drown out by the sound of rain hammering onto the ground, which I’m sure the old lady next door was thankfully for.

I stomped to the other side of my house, my feet slightly sinking into the mushy mood with each step I took. I looked up at the large but rather flimsy looking tree that stretched across to my window and the bathrooms.

I exhaled a large breath before puffing out my chest and then began ascending the large tree. But of course, because I am just so lucky, when I had got only about 4 meters up, the branch I was stood on decided to snap.

I fell with an ear piercing scream and landed in the mud on my back, knocking the air out of my lungs. I must have been sprawled across the grass for about ten minutes having a major coughing attack, before I was finally able to control my breathing.

Ok, if there is a God up there. Then why do you hate me?

After sitting in the muddy grass while the rain poured down on me, sulking in my own dismay and examining the bleeding scratch on my leg, I finally decided to swallow my pride and ask the devil to have mercy on me.  

I pushed myself to my feet, moaning in pain as my aching back protested against any movement, I very slowly hobbled to Nicks house and was knocking at his front door before I could comprehend what I was doing.

Exactly a minute and two seconds later, Nick answered the door in only a towel that hung on his waist. I inhaled a sharp breath and I’m sure that my cheeks were crimson, because Nick was half frowning half smirking at me.

His messy dark hair clung to his skin, making him look even sexier and I couldn’t help but let my eyes follow a drop of water that trickled down his six pack.

While Nick looked like a sex God with his wet hair and too darn hot to even be real, body. I must have looked like a drowned cat, with only my abnormally bright green eyes that weren’t caked in mood.