Chapter 3: Netball bitches & Persuasion

I had not so successfully made it through the majority of the day. I had cried in the girl’s toilets at least two times, I had been offered sex by more guys then I would like to mention. I had been tripped in the halls and people had even sprayed painted ‘WHORE’ across my locker.

Now I was making the dreading trip to the canteen, which is the only time in the day, where almost every single student is in one place at once. This to me is now like signing my own death warrant.

I bit my lip and kept my head ducked down in shame, right now I should have been walking here with Riley, but once again, he was a no show. So now I had to face it alone.

Someone bashed into my shoulder, sending me stumbling into the canteen doors, I heard a murmur of sniggers. But I didn’t bother looking up at the idiots who did it, because I could feel the glare of every pair of eyes in the canteen.

I gulped visible, and once again ducked my head as I quickly made my way over to my usual table. This is thankfully something that would always stay the same. Kenzi was already sat their giving me a reassuring smile, as she as usual was waving her hands frantically to catch my attention.  

I forced a small smile but that quickly faded when Cynthia Black came strutting towards me, all her groupies behind her. Cynthia Black was the leader of the girl’s netball team and the Queen Bitch of the school. And I didn’t have a doubt that she had heard the supposed rumour that I hate everyone on the netball team, and now she has something to say about it.

She was wearing a denim mini skirt, which leaves nothing to the imagination. And a short cut top that shows her cleavage and a strip of her stomach. And seriously, people call me a whore?

I stopped a few steps before she reached me, she didn’t stop though she kept coming, until she was up in my face. “Who do you think you are bitch?” she sneered in her shrill voice.

I suppressed a wince at her annoying and deafening voice, and instead just stood there speechless like an idiot. I seriously wanted to verbally bitch slap her, and I could feel my anger flaring.

But then the idiotic side of me that unfortunately gets shy and nervous in front of crowds or intimidating people, stopped the other side of me that seriously needs anger management classes. So I just stood there looking at her blankly, because every person in the canteen was staring at me.

“What’s wrong? Don’t have anything to say now that you have finished bitching behind the whole Netball teams back, huh?” she snapped, pushing on my shoulders.

“I didn’t say a thing about any of you …” I stated in a small voice, so only the people closest to me could hear.

She scoffed and flicked her perfectly straightened hair over her shoulder and grabbed a milkshake off of a random person’s tray. My eyes widened but she had already thrown the contents all over me, before I could react.

 I looked down at my milkshake covered sweater, and mentally growled, I could feel my body shaking with rage and just when my anger was surfacing and I was about to explode, Ethan stepped in front of me.

“Cynthia leave her alone and go put on some make up, you need it!” he growled, gentle linking my arm about to pull me through the large crowd that was gaping at him as if he is crazy.

Cynthia gasped and so did all of her little groupies/minions “You better watch who you are talking to gay boy!” she hissed.

Ethan let out a bitter laugh “You better shut up because I have no problem bitch slapping girls like you” he stated calmly, before shoving everyone out of our way as he pulled me through the crowd.