Chapter 19: Time you knew

Groaning and rubbing my eyes I tried to roll over only to yelp in pain when something dug into my thigh. My eyes flew open but felt as heavy as led I scanned the area only to recognise nothing.

There was nothing but empty red cups and a guy I have never seen before passed out on the tiled floor with a river of drool pouring out his mouth.

I was suddenly painfully aware that I was literally sat in the kitchen skin in nothing but my bra and the bottom half of what looked like a mermaid’s tail? I frowned in confusion and ran my fingers through my hair only to find feathers and a thick gooey substance. Is that egg?

Ok, what the fuck happened?

*16 hours later*

“Kenzi are you kidding me, I look like a frickin’ prostitute. I can’t go in there wearing this!” I hissed, pulling furiously at the white dress which was fitted to my body like a second skin, exaggerating my breast and flaring out to about mid thigh.

Ethan snorted, finally pulling his eyes off the cram packed house, to laugh in my face. “Are you actually kidding me? You just look like a virgin plain and simple. No one is going to believe that you have shagged anyone”

I gasped “When did you become so crude?”

Kenzi and Ethan both glared at me and sighed in despair “Since you have made us literally sit in this car for twenty minutes” Kenzi depended.

I sighed and nodded my head in understanding “I get that, but-“

“No buts, Ashley. Get your ass out of this car I’m not listening to your whining anymore. You look hot, Nick is going to faint when he sees you – so all is good. Now let’s go!” she demanded, jumping out of the car with Ethan whopping behind her.

I groaned and ran my tongue over my teeth, before pushing the door open and stepping out into the harsh cold. Kenzi and Ethan gave me a devious smirk, I rolled my eyes and gestured to myself “Happy now?”

“Ecstatic” they chirped simultaneously.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself as I trailed behind the buzzing pair, wobbling slightly in my heels. They looked crazier than Hannibal Lecture, on drugs. People who were staggering across the front yard, drinking and shouting were looking at us in shock.

Yeah I know strange sight isn’t it? The mentally unstable EX-nerd, the emo with serious anger problems and then the hot gay guy, are actually invited to a bad boy’s party.       

Shocker!

That was the least of my worries though, what was more worrying though was the fact that Nick Branigan had just spotted me. It was strange actually. He was staring intently at the front door like a paedophile watching a kid’s playground … creepy.

 I began to blush and averted my eyes anywhere but his, the moment I saw him strutting my way with that panty dropping grin. Someone jabbed my side making me yelp in pain “Beef cake, twelve o’clock” Ethan whisper yelled.

I gave him a outraged look just as I saw Nick stood directly in front of me. My jaw turned slack at the sight of him. He had his hand stuffed in his jean pockets, a wide grin plastered on his oh-so-kissable lips.

I licked my dry lips and gulped giving him a hesitant smile “Err, hi”

Kenzi snorted loudly but quickly covered it up with a cough “Smooth” she whispered in my ear before grabbing Ethan’s wrist “Oh look” she exclaimed “Jester is over there, let’s go. Have fun Ashley” she sang.