Chapter 9: There is a thin line between love and hate

I felt a small frown crease on my forehead as, an annoying yet familiar tune interrupts my slumber. I huff quietly and snuggle up to the warmth around me, while reaching my barley responsive hand towards the sound of what I now recognise, as my phone, and press it to my ear.

“Hello?” I croak, before yawning and snuggling my face into my pillow.

“Don’t hello me, ok? You are meant to be getting up and ready, not lazing around in bed”

“Kenzi? What are you talking about?” I groan, rubbing my eyes and sitting up, blinking in confusion as I look around the unfamiliar room.

The shades by the one large window were draw open, letting light stream in, giving a happier feel to the dark blue walls, which were bare apart from a mirror and a few posters of bands. I was lay in a soft white bed, which by the looks of things had been made messily. A random scattering of dirty clothes, covered parts of the cream carpet and litter was piled on some draws beside a large wardrobe.

This was no my room …

“Seriously? We are meant to be going to the gym today, then the café to get our favourite ice-shakes, remember?” Kenzi snapped down the phone, sounding annoyed and a little hurt.

My eyes grew wide and I gasped loudly, before smacking my own forehead and wincing at the contact afterwards.   

“Oh my god, I’m sorry I’ll be on my way as soon as I can. I promise I have a very good explanation for why I forgot and why I’m going to be late. I will explain everything to you I promise” I gushed apologetically.

I was met with silence, before I heard Kenzi sigh in despair “Fine. But you better have a good explanation dude, just because I’m your friend doesn’t mean I won’t kick your ass …” she trailed off.

I let out a sigh of relief, a small smile forming on my lips, it’s good to know she is acting like herself again, that means she is considering forgiving me. 

“Great, wait there and I’ll see you as soon as I can. Bye babe”

“Yeah, yeah whatever” she said in a bored tone, before hanging up.

With that I hoped out of the stranger’s bed, only now fully letting myself wonder and worry about where I am and what is happening. I gulped and tip-toed to the door and peaking out. To my relief I recognised it as Nick’s house.

With that in mind, I let my rushing, panicky self take over and I began to run down the hallway.

“Nick?” I called as I jumped down the stairs two at a time, and coming to a skidding stop at the arch that led to the kitchen.

I popped my head around the corner, to see him sat on the stool lazily, shirtless and only in boxers, making my breathing catch in my throat and my cheeks to flush pink. Why did he have to be so hot? Now I couldn’t think straight.

It was only then, that I noticed, he wasn’t alone. All of his friends were also lazing around in the kitchen, all of them in their boxers, and now staring at me expectantly. My cheeks turned bright red now, that they all saw me checking them out.

Finally I let out a half strangled, half yelping noise as I covered my eyes childishly “God guys, cover your selves up will you? There are children around” I scolded.

“What’s the point? You were stood their drooling over us long enough” I heard Nick tease, making them all chuckle along with him in agreement.

I removed my hands from my eyes and held them on my hips, trying to look insulted and angry, but it was hard when I couldn’t keep eyes contact with any of them, without my eyes unconsciously drifting down their well sculptured bodies.