Chapter 13: coco pops make every morning better

Chapter 13:

When I woke up the next morning, by a very annoying crashing sound from downstairs. This to my utter terror and disappointment meant that Mayce was trying to make something to eat. This meant that I had to get up, and stop her before she kills us all by burning the house down.

I made a strange whimpering noise in protest and I literally rolled off my bed, dragging the covers with me and just lay sprawled out across my floor, yawning. Around three hours sleep is nowhere near enough for me!

I might be classed as smart or nerdy, but as soon as I miss out on sleep all my common sense flies out the window, and the simplest of sums look like frickin algebra! Plus the whole dead walking look isn’t a nice look on anyone.

I groaned loudly and began trying to push myself up onto my feet, trying to give my brain a pep talk on actually trying to function properly, so I don’t just fall on the floor.

“Ashhh, why are you wrestling with your covers?” Lizzy’s sweet angelic voice showed her confusion.

I cracked my eyes open with a lot of force and looked at her, stood in my doorway with wide innocent eyes. Her natural ringlets flowing onto her shoulders. A pair of white fluffy slippers and a long pink nightgown falling against her pasty white skin. She really could be classed as an angel.   

“Because …” I drawled sleepily, trying to think of anything to say.

“Me and the covers are not really getting along, right now. You see, they want me to stay in bed, but of course any ‘normal’ person wants to get up early on a Saturday morning!” I exclaimed, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

Lizzy giggled at my clearly silly story and came bounding over, so she was kneeled at my side and grinning wildly. “Ashhh, you’re so silly!”

“Yeah” I mused “But you still love me, right?”

She nodded her head but then stopped and shook it, making me stare at her in shock and hurt, until the little minx revelled her plan.

“Nope, but I will if you take me out to the café in town for breakfast” she bargained, widening her eyes and pouting out her lip perfectly to finish off her puppy dog face.

Darn! Cute children, will be the end of me, I swear …

I let out a dramatic sigh and huffed sleepily “Fine, pull me up. Then go get ready princess, ok?”

She squealed excitedly, jumped to her feet, then taking her tiny hands in my own she helped bring me to my feet with a lot of effort, making me feel kind of bad for her. Still that didn’t dampen her mood as she half skipped half ran into her bedroom.

I stood in front of my full length mirror and shuddered in disgust, I really did look like the walking dead! I stood in front of my mirror and like the completely and utterly idiot I am when enduring a lack of sleep, started slapping my cheek to wake myself up.