Chapter 17: It's kind of a full time thing

Chapter 17: It’s kind of a full time thing

To say that I was in one of the worst most torn and bellow rock bottom moods ever, would be an understatement. And there is one simple reason for that. And he is tall dark and handsome and the definition of hot and bad.

Yep, you guessed it, Nick Branigan.

Yesterday was great. It was the most fun I had have had since – well since we pulled that prank on Caden, but that’s beside the point. The point is I had a great time and I was so sure that Nick did too.

But everything that has happened today goes completely against the notion. For starters, he would barley say three words to me since he took me to school this morning. And on various occasions I have seen him turn the other way in the corridors when he sees me coming.

What an ass.

I should have expected it, I guess. I mean what did I really expect? We shared one kiss and he would ask me to be his girlfriend? Did I even want to be his girlfriend? He has probably kissed tons of girls – which is kind of disturbing – and not done anything about that, after he has.

Why did I think this case would be any different? Like I said to him when I was first getting to know him, he would probably fuck anything with tits and legs. I guess, I’m hurt more because I actually like him.

Stupid I know. After what happened with Caden I shouldn’t have allowed myself to become attracted to anyone. Especially not the notorious bad boy, with the player reputation. But after we became friends, I convinced myself that he would never hurt me.

To be honest I am beyond confused. So the only thing I keep telling myself, to put my mind at rest, is that boys are stupid and complicated. That’s the only option there is because to think about the option, that he might have never liked me, hurts too much.

“Ok dude, seriously what’s up? You look worse than an obese kid being starved whilst someone is dangling a bar of chocolate in his face. Tortured and broken, so what’s up?” Kenzi urged, giving me a stern glare.

I ran my fingers through my hair and licked my dry lips, then continued to push my chips around my plate. “It’s nothing really, just tired”

Ethan scoffed loudly “Bullshit. We have known you for ages, so don’t think you can sit there and lie to us? Babe it’s just not right”

I sigh and slouch in my sit, glancing over at Nick’s table and smile weakly at Jester who was staring over at us. Then I turn back to my friends “Well it’s something, but it’s nothing. I just kind of you know … kissed Nick” I mumbled.

Both of them gasped allowed, looking at me in bewilderment. Ethan was grinning like a Cheshire cat, while Kenzi was still just staring with a smile playing at the corners of her lips. “That’s great … but why do you have a face like a slapped ass?”

I glowered at Kenzi before huffing in annoyance “Because” I started throwing my hands up in anger “He has been a complete ass today, he has barley said three words to me and has been purposely avoiding me”

Ethan’s grin dropped instantly, while anger spiked and burned in Kenzi’s eyes “That ass” she spat, glaring at Nick’s table.

I sighed in despair “I know, but it doesn’t matter. Listen, I’ll see you guys later ok?” I mutter, offering them both a forced smile.

***

My stomach was twisting uncomfortably as I took small daunting steps towards Nick’s motorbike at the end of the school day. He was staring down at his phone, his fingers flying over the buttons.