Chapter 20: The couples out!

I frown and look around the kitchen again as I try and pull myself out from the kitchen sink. Just as I jump out of the sink and fall over because I’m still in that stupid mermaid tail, a muttering bunch coming jogging into the room.

I look up with wide eyes to see Max, Ethan and Aaron sniggering a muttering about something. Their laughter dies down when they see me, they all look like crap with messy hair, pale skin, bags under their eyes and Aaron even has dried drool around his mouth.

I glare and ground out through clenched teeth “What the fuck happened to me?”

They all stare down at me before exchanging looks and they burst out laughing. I hissed through my teeth and rubbed my temple as my head felt like two sumo wrestlers fighting over a snickers bar.

Ethan was kind enough to come forward and pull me to my feet before shrugging his huge shirt off handing it to me. Gratefully I pull it over my head and slip the stupid dress up tail off my legs.

The shirt almost touched my knees, so no one could see my knickers “It’s called a hangover, deal with it!” Max grunted before cursing under his breath and storming to the other side of the kitchen where a back door was open.

I mimicked his grumpy face and stormed out after him and Aaron who was hot on his heels still sniggering quietly.

Ass.

“That’s not what I meant, I mean why do I have feathers and egg in my hair, why was I half naked, stuck in Aarons sink in just a mermaids tail and drunk in the first place?” I bellowed.

Max stopped and stared upwards with a frown and a slight smirk of amusement, Aaron doing the same except just blank out grinning like a lunatic. I glared when no one answered me and turned around to see what they were looking at.

I gasp and gape in shock at the sight before bursting out in a fit of laughter. Nick was currently asleep on top of the roof snuggling a naked blow up doll of a woman. Only Nick, I think shaking my head in amusement.

Someone rest a hand of my shoulder and I turn to see Ethan “We’ll figure it out later, right now let’s get him down” 

He was right of course but when I did, I found out a lot more then I would have expected. When my initial sleep deprived state wore off, bits a bobs fixed together in my mind like a puzzle of lived moments.

It wasn’t until the moment Max have rescued Nick off the roof and we all, including Kenzi, Reece and jester were sat in Aaron’s living room all drinking coffee.

Nick was sat next me so close that our thighs were touching, to my surprise he reached out and gripped my hand affectionately. I looked up at him in shock, my mouth parted as he gave me this look of sadness, in that moment I remembered.

His eyes so dark and filled with nothing but sadness, anger, remorse and every dark feeling possible that I remembered what happened last night. And in some ways I wish I didn’t, because now that I knew.