Chapter 8: Give the Good Girl a fright

“Can you please put a top on” I whined, as we sat on the sofa. Nick was now only in a pair of sweatpants and it was taking all my self control not to drool over him.

“Why? Does my body bother you?” He taunted with an amused smirk.

“No”

“Does it make you want to kiss me? And lose the bet?” He asked with a cocky grin. Yes.

“NO!” I all but shouted nervously.

He chuckled, obviously in disbelief. “Is it distracting you?”

Silence.

He chuckled smugly, and turned back to the TV with a cocky grin as he sighed “It’s hard being this dam sexy”

I rolled my eyes but didn’t say anything, as we kept watching some crappy music video on his TV. I ended up lying down and hung up head over the edge of the sofa so everything was upside down, something I tend to do a lot when I’m bored.

“I’m bored”

“I’m sexy”

“You’re too bigheaded”

“And sexy”

“You’re an idiot”

“I can see your arse”

I gasped, sliding my legs off the top of the sofa and sitting up. Tugging Nick’s loose shorts, which were riding up my butt, down further.

My face was bright red and burning in embarrassment and shame, while Nick was literally in fits of laughter, his eyes streaming with tears. I had only ever seen him laugh twice, which was when he found out I fell out of a tree.

I had to admit his chuckle was very sexy but laughing suits him a whole lot better. He should do it more often.    

“Ha, you-should-have … Seen … Your-face!” he choked out in-between his dying chuckles.

My cheeks were still crimson and I didn’t doubt the fact that I probably resembled a tomato, right now, but I still couldn’t keep the murderous glare off my face.

“Ha ha” I muttered bitterly, my tone completely lacking any sense of humour.

“I have decided I like seeing you in my clothes!” he said grinning, with a wink.

My eyes widened at the thought of him kind of saying that he liked seeing my butt, but like he said earlier ‘nerd isn’t exactly his type’ so he was just trying to tease and embarrass me.

I rolled my eyes, trying to look unaffected and natural “I wish I could go home! Or at least just get my own clothes, but no! Everyone is too caught up in their own lives to care about my own” I exclaimed.

Wincing slightly when I remembered that Tom had went to bed an hour ago, so shouting and probably waking him up, would not get me in his good books.  

Nick’s eyebrows rose, probably taken back by my little rant before he frowned thoughtfully “Well when do your parents come back from work? Can’t you go home then?”

I don’t know why I was telling him this because only my best friends know, but still I found myself telling Nick.

“No they don’t, my mum’s busy and my dad died. He died in a car crash when I was 11” I admitted quietly.

As much as the reason and the fact that I felt like I needed to tell Nick that, confuses me. I still couldn’t bring myself to talk to anyone about it. Riley is the only one I have talked to about it when I was younger and Kenzi and Ethan, seemed to have figured it out.