Chapter 15: It's not pity. it's comfort.

Chapter 15: It’s not pity. It’s comfort.

It’s been strange how things have worked out. I think my reputation is really starting to build, I can hear people still talking about me. Yet none of them have had the courage to come up to me and say it to my face. It could be the fact that I punched Caden. Or that I’m friends with the bad boys.

I don’t know, but I do know that I like it. I know shit is still going around but I don’t think there is anything I can do about that, ever. At least girls aren’t tripping me in the corridors or saying snide things to my face. Hell even Cynthia hasn’t spoke to me lately.

“You fucking bitch”

Of course. Should have known peace would never last.

I turned around to face Caden in all his fury, his biceps were bulging through his shirt, his body was so tense. His cheeks were flushed with anger and the muscle in his cheek was ticking.

Most people scrambled away, quickly heading to the school doors, probably scared shitless and not willing to wait around. While other obnoxious idiots decided to stay around and watch the show.

At this rate, it seems like the show is going to be me. Being murdered. Brutally and slowly … basically it’s going to be a painful death.

“Hello to you too Caden” I mumbled bravely, with an eye roll. I swear I so at least six peoples mouth fall agape. Hell, I even shocked myself.

“Don’t give me that shit Ashley, I know it’s you who did it” He seethed, advancing towards me slowly. He reminded me of a lion toying with its prey.

“What are you talking about?” I asked giving him a dull stare. “What you did to my bedroom!” he roared, jabbing my chest with his finger.

Shit! He knows. Deny, deny, deny!

I swat his hand away and rub with chest with a scowl “I don’t know what you talking about” I force out through clench teeth. Even I could tell how unbelievable I sounded. Crap Ashley, get your act together.

“Don’t fucking lie to me. You can’t lie to save your life” He growled out, making me recoil backwards.

Ok, he has a point. I can’t lie at all. I’m a clever girl, I have ever got bellow a B in any subject – so do something clever.

I step forwards so I’m on my tip toes and looking him in the eye “If you’re so certain it’s me, then why haven’t you reported me, huh? It’s because you can’t press charges with false accusations”

Silence. That’s all I hear is silence. I left him and every other person who took it upon themselves to grab a front row seat, speechless. Oh my God, I can’t believe I just did that. I mental gave myself a pat on the back as I turned on my heel and headed towards the exit.

“You haven’t changed at all Ashley. You’re still that same, weak, stupid little girl. You have no one but yourself and even you can’t save yourself. Your worthless, scared and pathetic … no wonder your mum has practically disowned you”